Skip Navigation

[Resolved] No taxonomy filtering by term ID?

This support ticket is created 8 years, 2 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Farrel 8 years, 2 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author

I am trying to: Filter a taxonomy based on the term ID where I would pick up the term ID from a variable string in the URL. For example hidden link

When you are filtering posts you have a filter for this, but not with taxonomies. Why is this? You're adding new meta support for taxonomies and they will be more like posts now, so why can't we filter based on the term ID just like we do with posts?

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

We are working on to include taxonomy meta with Types and it will be released with next future release as its currently going through QA.

You can filter taxonomy term by taxonomy slug. I think that will serve the same output that you are looking with filter by term ID.
=> https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/filtering-views-by-taxonomy/

However, you are right that we do not have a filter with taxonomy term ID. What I can do here is if you want I will register a feature request for same.

Hi Minesh

What you showed me here is a way where you can filter posts based on the taxonomy, but that is not what I am trying to do here.

I'm want to filter taxonomy terms and display meta data from that selected taxonomy term. That means I need a way to dynamically set the taxonomy term whose meta data I want to retrieve.

We cannot do this dynamically with taxonomies right now, neither by term ID nor by term slug. You can select an existing taxonomy slug, but then that is fixed within the view.

We need to be able to dynamically retrieve taxonomy terms by slug and ID, just like we can do with posts.

Minesh
Supporter

Ok. Thank you for your explanation and I got your point very well.

I've forward your concern to our concern department as a new feature request for assessment. I'll keep you posted here as soon as I know more.

Minesh
Supporter

I just got news that your new feature request is accepted and now its already with our developers to do list and it will be shipped with views version 1.12.1 in near future.

However, I do not have ETA on it but you should expect it very soon as we just released views beta version 1.12-b1 so you may expect it very soon.

Thank you very much once again for reporting this feature.

Great thanks!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.