Skip Navigation

[Closed] No option to add specific users in Toolset form group (inside Toolset access)

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

This topic contains 21 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Ankit Katailiha 1 year ago.

Assisted by: Mateus Getulio.

Author
Screenshot 2023-02-08 141712.png
in old site.png
on prod site.png

Hi Team,
we were using Toolset access to set up access to Post Form, so that specific users can add and edit content. They can be added via Toolset Access on an individual basis. However when I go to add a new user it no longer seems to allow me to do that. Previously there were an icon, by clicking on that icon we can add any specific user to that group but that icon is gone now.
I'm using The7 WordPress theme (Registered Version) with my site, this above functionality was working previously with same setup but now stopped working, however the same is working with another WordPress theme. Could you please check the theme and Toolset plugin compatibility. The Toolset plugins and The7 theme all are updated to it's latest version.
Could you please help me to identify what wrong going on here?
I'm attaching screenshot for your reference -
In old site screenshot you can see that icon which is not there in our PROD site, (see prod site screenshot)

Mateus Getulio
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hello there,

Welcome to the Toolset support forum!

As a quick test, could you please try to remove the Toolset plugins and reinstall them? If still not solved, I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to take better look at the issue. You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Our Debugging Procedures

I will be checking various settings in the backend to see if the issue can be resolved. Although I won't be making changes that affect the live site, it is still good practice to backup the site before providing us access. In the event that we do need to debug the site further, I will duplicate the site and work in a separate, local development environment to avoid affecting the live site.

Privacy and Security Policy

We have strict policies regarding privacy and access to your information. Please see:
https://toolset.com/privacy-policy-and-gdpr-compliance/#data-shared-with-our-support
**IMPORTANT**

- Please make a backup of site files and database before providing us access.
- If you do not see the wp-admin/FTP fields this means your post & website login details will be made PUBLIC. DO NOT post your website details unless you see the required wp-admin/FTP fields. If you do not, please ask me to enable the private box. The private box looks like this: hidden link

Please, let me know if you need any additional details. Have a nice day.

Hi Mateus, I have deleted and reinstalled all the toolset plugins and issue is still same. My company don't allow me to give you any kind of access to the site, I'm sorry for that but could you please let me know if there is any other way?
If I give you the version no. of The7 theme, could you check it at your end with toolset plugins?

Mateus Getulio
Supporter

Hello there,

Thanks for your reply.

In this case, in order for us to proceed with the investigation, we'll need to replicate the issue in a sandbox with a fresh WordPress + Toolset copy.

We have a compatibility flow to include plugins and themes as tested and compatible with Toolset.

This flow involves replicating the possible compatibility issue in a fresh WordPress copy so we can isolate other possible agents (server variables, other eventual conflicting plugins, etc).

This gives us the ability to focus specifically on the connection between Toolset and the other theme/plugin.

In this specific case, we need that you manually copy a small part of your website to that sandbox I'll share.

You need to replicate it until you reach a point where this problem with the Reviews can be experienced in the sandbox too.

I've just generated the sandbox, please see the access data in my next private message. Just login to it and proceed with replicating the issue in there.

Once you finish doing it, kindly give us a heads up here in the ticket so we can proceed to the next stages.

Thank you,
Mateus.

Hi,
I have asked the business team and they are ok to share our tst site details with you. We have a tst environment to test our website, I'll configure our site there and share the details with you. You can debug the issue there. is it fine with you?

Mateus Getulio
Supporter

Hello there,

Sure thing, I'm enabling the private fields for you again. Please keep us posted.

Thank you,
Mateus.

Hi, I'm not able to see Private Field. Could you please guide me?

Mateus Getulio
Supporter

Hello there,

Sorry about that. Please check if you're able to see the private fields now, they look like this: hidden link

Looking forward to your reply. Thank you.

Mateus Getulio
Supporter

Hey there,

Thank you for providing the website credentials, but unfortunately they're not working: hidden link

Could you please review it? Your next response will be private again, if you want to provide a new login info.

Thanks, please let us know.

Mateus Getulio
Supporter

Hello there,

Thanks a lot for correcting the credentials.

We have checked the issue and tried several procedures and debugging steps, but with no luck so far. Further, we got stuck in some points:

#1 in order to enable debug mode to see if it was generating errors in the background, we installed the File Manager plugin and tried to edit the wp-config, but the change was denied by the server, it seems. Would it be possible to also provide the FTP credentials?

#2 if the FTP login cannot be shared, we could migrate the website to a copy version hosted in our servers. Do you allow us to do it? This would be useful to check possible server issues

Moreover, the good news is that problem does not seem a compatibility issue between Toolset and The7 theme, because it does not happen in a clean install having only these components. Regardless, I recommend that you also contact their support, so that we can work together in this fix.

We're looking forward to your feedback about the two points highlighted above, please keep us posted. Thank you.

Hi Team,
my admin team is enabled the debug mode on the site. Could you please check it now?

Mateus Getulio
Supporter

Hello there,

Thanks for the update.

Unfortunately, now we receive this message when trying to enter the user: hidden link

Could you please double-check it? Thank you.

Could you please check it now?

Mateus Getulio
Supporter

Hey there,

Thanks for your patience.

I checked this out but so far I couldn't find a fix for it. I asked my colleagues to have a look at this issue in order to see if there's anything I'm missing.

We'll come back to you here as soon as one of my colleagues reply back to me (which it shouldn't take long).

Best,
Mateus.

Sure, I'm waiting.
Thanks

The topic ‘[Closed] No option to add specific users in Toolset form group (inside Toolset access)’ is closed to new replies.