Skip Navigation

[Resolved] No notification to update Toolset plugins

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:

The problem here is that when the new plugins are available, I don't see the notice on the backend.

Solution:

When we make a new major release we normally release to a small percentage of our customers to ensure that the release goes smoothly.

Once we can confirm that the release has not caused any major issues with our customers this is where we release to 100% of our customers. You are however still able to download the updates manually and installed them because they are made available on our site at the link below.
https://toolset.com/account/downloads/

This support ticket is created 2 years, 9 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by dominiqueM-3 2 years, 9 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

Tell us what you are trying to do?
Hello,
I learned that a new version of Toolset plugins is available.
But I can't see the notifications to update in my Wordress dashboard.
I am also hesitant to update WordPress to v5.8 as long as the Toolset plugins are not themselves up to date.
Do I still have to wait before seeing notifications appear?

Thank you

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Dominique,

Thank you for getting in touch.

When we make a new major release we normally release to a small percentage of our customers to ensure that the release goes smoothly.

Once we can confirm that the release has not caused any major issues with our customers this is where we release to 100% of our customers. You are however still able to download the updates manually and installed them because they are made available on our site at the link below.
https://toolset.com/account/downloads/

This release contains quite a few compatibility updates for wordpress 5.8, however as customary I was recommend that you perform a full backup of your site before updating wordpress core and our Toolset plugins.

Thanks,
Shane

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.