Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Newly defined custom fields are still not available for usage

This support ticket is created 4 years, 6 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 12 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Shane 4 years, 6 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

I added some new custom fields to an existing CF Group, but they were not available elsewhere inside Toolset and not on the CPT edit page where I assigned these new CFs to.
I flushed Memcache (it was suggested in another topic), but it didn't help.
I waited a day and now I see them there, but a new issue appeared:
the new CFs are still not available in conditional display filter in "Select custom field" dropdown.
I logged in and out multiple times and a day has passed...

What can I do to be able to work with them without any delay?

Thank you

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Vane,

Thank you for getting in touch.

Have you tried to temporarily disable the non-toolset plugins and trying again to see if the issue still remains?

If not could you please try this and let me know the results?

Thanks,
Shane

Hi Shane,

I disabled all plugins except Activity Log, activated theme 2019, flushed Memcache on server (static and dynamic cache were disabled earlier), but it hasn't fixed the issue.
I have 2 Post Field Group with 3 custom fields each.
I don't see all 6 in any condition selector dropdown ( I think I should see there User and Term Fields also, but I haven't created any of them yet), I only see 2 of them.

The type of CFs I see:
- Single Line
- Select

The type of CFs I don't:
- WYSIWYG
- Checkboxes

It looks obvious that Image and WYSIWYG will not work, but...
I need also the multiselect Checkboxes type as selector ( IF any of the checkbox Labels selected, THEN... )

Thanks,
V.

Shane
Supporter

Hi Vane,

Thanks for the clarity here.

Would you mind allowing me to have admin access so that I can check to see what is happening with the custom fields?

The private fields will be enabled for your next response.

Thanks,
Shane

Shane
Supporter

Screenshot 2019-10-30 at 4.14.40 PM.png

Hi Vane,

Im a bit confused right now as your fields are showing up quite fine. See Screenshot

Is it that you want the field group somewhere else like on the Taxonomy?

Thanks,
Shane

Hi,

these are the ones I referred to in my original post as:
"I waited a day and now I see them there" but I'm speaking about the other.
Pls.
go to Brand Taxonomy Fields Group,
open up "Business Type,
Set conditions,
Add conditions,
Set custom field:
you can see only 2 options, while I have 6 custom fields, 1 image, 1 WYSIWYG type, so - I think at least all the 4 other should be listed there in dropdown.
If I deduct 1 because we can not set a condition based on the same custom field's value, still 3 remains, but 2 is listed...

Thanks,
V.

Shane
Supporter

Hi Vane,

Thank you for the clarity.

I was able to understand the issue now. It seems that you're unable to use the checkboxes group field in the conditional.

I suspect that this is because the instance can have multiple values and our conditionals are not able to process the multiple checked options.

However the conditional should pick up radio buttons and single checkboxes.

A workaround is that instead of creating a checkboxes group you can just create a single checkbox for each of your options.

Please let me know if this helps.
Thanks,
Shane

Hi Shane,

you write you suspect, so could you pls. confirm or deny that Toolset
"conditionals are not able to process the multiple checked options" ?

If so, pls transform it as a feature request.
The workaround would not work for me, I need multiselect selector, where if ANY of the (multiple checkboxes) options are selected, the condition should be TRUE.

Thank you!

Shane
Supporter

Hi Vane,

I already reported this to our team and awaiting a response.

However I do anticipate this being the issue.

I will update you as soon as I get any information.

Thanks,
Shane

Hi Shane,

is there any development in our issue?

This error message might help:
Warning: htmlspecialchars() expects parameter 1 to be string, array given in ***/wp-includes/formatting.php on line 4403

Thank you!

Shane
Supporter

Hi Vane,

As suspected earlier. Some fields are not allowed in the conditionals and the checkboxes is one of them.

This is because the conditionals for this would be quite complex to handle in coding because of the number of possibilities that could occur.

The recommendation was that a feature request be opened for this so that our developers can rethink this and perhaps implement it in the future.

https://toolset.com/home/contact-us/suggest-a-new-feature-for-toolset/

Unfortunately the only workaround I have currently is to use separate checkboxes instead of using the checkbox group.

Thanks,
Shane

Hi Shane,

I don't want to discuss, but we shouldn't have to deal with all
"the number of possibilities that could occur".
We could use the 2 most simple and obvious use cases:
ANY ( one of all )
or
ALL

So if one have multicheckbox type selection with all the options:
A, B, C, D, E,
and in the conditional selector
B and D selected,
there should be a radio button besides, which allows to select ANY or ALL (explained above), with default set to ANY.

so if radio button is set to ANY, then
either B or D is selected, then the complex condition should be true, otherwise is false,

if radio button is set to ALL, then
both B and D has to be selected, then the complex condition should be true, otherwise is false.

There are use cases when one multiselect is not interchangeable with multiple single select selectors and this is my case.

Pls. forward my idea to the devs, it shouldn't be a big deal 🙂

Thank you!

Shane
Supporter

Hi Vane,

The feature request for this has to be made through the feature request form as they are reviewed personally by the team that is responsible for this.

Also this is how they keep track of what customers are requesting so it is best for you to submit the request directly through the form i've linked to above.

Thanks,
Shane

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.