Skip Navigation

[Resolved] unexpected ‘::’in elementor.php when using PHP lower than 7.0

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
When you activate Toolset Views and Elementor, using PHP lower than 7.xx, this error will be thrown on screen:

PHP Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '::' (T_PAAMAYIM_NEKUDOTAYIM) in .../wp-views/application/controllers/compatibility/elementor.php on line 109

Solution:
Update Toolset

This support ticket is created 5 years, 7 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- - 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by MaureenR3428 5 years, 6 months ago.

Assisted by: Beda.

Author

I am trying to: update wp-views without my site crashing

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: none, I had to remove the new wp-views version

I expected to see: my site

Instead, I got: blank screen

Here is error log off my server:

20180927T102556: sgdtestsite.com/index.php
PHP Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '::' (T_PAAMAYIM_NEKUDOTAYIM) in /hermes/walnaweb07a/b1408/as.testsite/wp-content/plugins/wp-views/application/controllers/compatibility/elementor.php on line 109

Hello, and thanks for the report.

I have another ticket with the same report:
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/elementor-compatibility-conflict-with-views/

I am on it and will feedback here.

The issue may be PHP5.6. I have a similar development environment with PHP7.0 and the elementor, elementor pro and all of the toolset plugins appear to be working with woocommerce as desired.
(From another user)

I replicated this issue successfully, and confirm it is a PHP version problem, solved above PHP 7.xx

I am filing the report to the developers so we can fix it.

Thanks Beda. Shall I wait for the fix or change my php to v7?

This is solved in Views as you can find it in the downloads area or on the Plugins update page (2.6.4.2)

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.