Skip Navigation

[Resolved] New listings not showing in alpha listing

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 8.64 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 22 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Minesh 1 year, 2 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author

Hello,

I have added a couple of new listings with a defined alpha listing and category. The categories for both are working correctly, but the listings are not showing up in the alpha listing (hidden link). I have cleared the cache in Toolset, Redis, and the browser, but nothing resolves the issue.

I have included the code from the two views below for reference.

[wpv-layout-start]
  [wpv-items-found]
    <!-- wpv-loop-start -->
    <ul class="list-alpha">
    	<wpv-loop>
      		<li>
        		<a href="/investment/business-directory/list-alpha?wpvalphabet=[wpv-taxonomy-title]">[wpv-taxonomy-title]</a>
      		</li>
    	</wpv-loop>
    </ul>
    <!-- wpv-loop-end -->
  [/wpv-items-found]
  [wpv-no-items-found]
    <strong>[wpml-string context="wpv-views"]No items found[/wpml-string]</strong>
  [/wpv-no-items-found]
[wpv-layout-end]
[wpv-layout-start]
  [wpv-view name="alpha-listing"]
  [wpv-items-found]
    <!-- wpv-loop-start -->
	<ul class="wpv-loop listing-loop js-wpv-loop">
		<wpv-loop>
			<li>
              	<h2 class="tb-heading">[wpv-post-link]</h2>
              	[types field='mailing-address'][/types]
              	[types field='city'][/types]
              	[types field='province'][/types]
              	[types field='postal-code'][/types]
              	<div class="js-full-listing">
                  <div class="full-listing">
                    <p>[types field='description'][/types]</p>
                    <div class="phone-number">[types field='telephone'][/types]</div>
                    <div class="fax-number">[types field='fax'][/types]</div>
                    <div class="owners-name">[types field='owner'][/types]</div>
                    <div class="physical-address">[types field='physical-address'][/types]</div>
                  </div>
                  <div class="js-show-full-listing">
                    <a href="#" class="wp-block-button__link">Show more</a>
                  </div>
              	</div>
			</li>
		</wpv-loop>
	</ul>
	<!-- wpv-loop-end -->
  [/wpv-items-found]
  [wpv-no-items-found]
    <strong>[wpml-string context="wpv-views"]No items found[/wpml-string]</strong>
  [/wpv-no-items-found]
[wpv-layout-end]

Cheers,

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

I will require problem URL where you added the view as well as information what posts are not shown with what alphabet filter.

Can you please share all those required information with admin access details and let me check whats going wrong with your setup.

*** Please make a FULL BACKUP of your database and website.***
I would also eventually need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) to your site. Preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed.

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

Hello,

The business directory can be accessed here hidden link and the affected business listing should be displayed here hidden link. The newest listing, Aqua Alta Ltd. should be displayed at the bottom, but it is not showing.

I have setup a staging site, but the DNS is currently having some issues. I am waiting for the IT team that manages the DNS to fix it before I can provide you access. This site is a duplicate of the existing production site.

Cheers,

Minesh
Supporter

ok - please send me access details when you can.

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

Hello,

I have the staging site working, but Toolset is throwing a fatal error for the WordPress directory archive. The following errors are being displayed when WordPress debugging is turned on.

Fatal error: Uncaught TypeError: Unsupported operand types: int / string in /var/www/staging.flagstaff.ab.ca/wp-content/plugins/toolset-blocks/embedded/inc/wpv.class.php:3448 Stack trace: #0 /var/www/staging.flagstaff.ab.ca/wp-content/plugins/toolset-blocks/embedded/inc/wpv.class.php(2526): WP_Views->taxonomy_query() #1 /var/www/staging.flagstaff.ab.ca/wp-content/plugins/toolset-blocks/embedded/inc/wpv.class.php(2137): WP_Views->render_view() #2 /var/www/staging.flagstaff.ab.ca/wp-content/plugins/toolset-blocks/embedded/inc/wpv.class.php(646): WP_Views->render_view_ex() #3 /var/www/staging.flagstaff.ab.ca/wp-includes/shortcodes.php(355): WP_Views->short_tag_wpv_view() #4 [internal function]: do_shortcode_tag() #5 /var/www/staging.flagstaff.ab.ca/wp-includes/shortcodes.php(227): preg_replace_callback() #6 /var/www/staging.flagstaff.ab.ca/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(308): do_shortcode() #7 /var/www/staging.flagstaff.ab.ca/wp-includes/plugin.php(205): WP_Hook->apply_filters() #8 /var/www/staging.flagstaff.ab.ca/wp-includes/post-template.php(255): apply_filters() #9 /var/www/staging.flagstaff.ab.ca/wp-content/themes/flagstaffcounty/template-parts/content-page.php(14): the_content() #10 /var/www/staging.flagstaff.ab.ca/wp-includes/template.php(785): require('...') #11 /var/www/staging.flagstaff.ab.ca/wp-includes/template.php(718): load_template() #12 /var/www/staging.flagstaff.ab.ca/wp-includes/general-template.php(204): locate_template() #13 /var/www/staging.flagstaff.ab.ca/wp-content/themes/flagstaffcounty/template-investment.php(35): get_template_part() #14 /var/www/staging.flagstaff.ab.ca/wp-includes/template-loader.php(106): include('...') #15 /var/www/staging.flagstaff.ab.ca/wp-blog-header.php(19): require_once('...') #16 /var/www/staging.flagstaff.ab.ca/index.php(17): require('...') #17 {main} thrown in /var/www/staging.flagstaff.ab.ca/wp-content/plugins/toolset-blocks/embedded/inc/wpv.class.php on line 3448

This is not occurring on the production site. Both production and staging are using the same server environment.

The staging site is password protected by Apache, but this should have no effect on anything.

Cheers,

Minesh
Supporter

Do you have any unwanted taxonomy archive? Is it ok if you delete the existing archive and create a new one?

Hello,

There is only one archive, and it needed to be recreated on the staging site. It was not copied over when I duplicated the site for some reason. Everything non-Toolset related is working fine under WordPress.

Cheers,

Minesh
Supporter

I'm not sure what is the issue there. I will require admin access details to check whats going wrong with your setup.

*** Please make a FULL BACKUP of your database and website.***
I would also eventually need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) to your site. Preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed.

Minesh
Supporter

I can edit the "Directory Categories" archive on the backend admin:
- hidden link

And I can also list the archive on frontend without any issues:
- hidden link

Can you please tell me where exactly the issue is or steps to reproduce the issue or what steps I should follow to see the issue?

Hello,

Please visit hidden link. This is where the archive should be displayed. Currently it is blank, and something in Toolset is preventing the whole theme from rendering on the page. If you visit hidden link, you will see the whole theme is rendered.

I have turned off debugging, but I can re-enable it for your testing purposes.

The production site's business directory is active at the same URL, just without the staging subdomain. See hidden link for reference.

Cheers,

Minesh
Supporter

I can see with the problem page - the content of the page is added as follows:

<!-- wp:heading {"dynamicAttributes":{"toolsetDSVersion":"240000"}} -->
<h2>Categories</h2>
<!-- /wp:heading -->

<!-- wp:paragraph {"dynamicAttributes":{"toolsetDSVersion":"240000"}} -->
<p>[wpv-view name="alpha-listing"]<br>[wpv-view name="listing-categories"]</p>
<!-- /wp:paragraph -->

I interacted with the database and removed the post content and I can see the page now.

There must be something wrong with the views you added to this page.
- hidden link

Hello,

I have not modified those pages since creating the duplicate staging site.

The affected post ID should contain the following shortcodes:

• [wpv-view name="alpha-listing"]
  • [wpv-view name="listing-categories"]

The codes cause no issues on the production site.

The alpha listing sub page contains this shortcode:

• [wpv-view name="alpha-term-listing"]

No other code is included on these pages.

The critical error shows that Toolset is having troubles embedding something on both of the those pages.

Did my rebuilds of the views look correct?

Cheers,

Minesh
Supporter

Are you sure that you used unique slugs throughout your site for post types, archives, content templates, taxonomies, terms or for any other entities. As I do not know the site history and I shared what I found and at what point the issue is resolved.

What if you try to recreate the views you added and check if that helps?

Hello,

I have done some further testing, and it looks like the issue is related to the specific listing item. I have removed it completely from WordPress and created it again, but the issue still occurs.

I have included all of its details below for reference. Maybe there is something character wise that might be conflicting with the display of it. Other post listings are having no issues.

Post title: Aqua Alta Ltd
Post content: Water well servicing business
Owner: Ethan Barton
Mailing Address: PO Box 495
City: Sedgewick
Province: AB
Postal Code: T0B 4C0
Year Established: 2023
Mobile: (780) 888-5381
Telephone: (780) 888-5381
Email: aquaaltaltd@gmail.com

This listing displays correctly on the Trades category page: hidden link. Search for 'Aqua Alta'.

Cheers,

Hello,

The issue seems to be related to 'q' in Aqua Alta. If I change it to 'Agua Alta Ltd', the listing appears in the alpha listing. Listing posts that start with 'q' do not cause any issues as you can see here: hidden link. And if 'q' is the third letter, no issues occur. I tested this with 'Liquid'.

I assume something in your code is freaking out when 'q' is the second letter in a post title or slug.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.