Skip Navigation

[Resolved] New host, need to change toolset registration for updating

This support ticket is created 4 years, 3 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice.

Last updated by lyncolnD 4 years, 3 months ago.

Author

Hello,

I created a website for a company I used to work for. That company has since changed ownership and the new ownership has not rehired me or anyone in the department that did web design work.

As such, I've started my own business and I am taking over the hosting and support of some of the client websites I created.

I used Toolset for those sites and plan to continue using Toolset going forward.

However, if the registration for the plugin being used is tied to the company I used to work for... I suspect I'll need to get it changed to my Toolset account so that I can continue getting updates from within WordPress.

I realize I could probably do this manually, but I'd prefer the update button to work.

Here is the current site in question:
hidden link

There will likely be other sites that I need to transition in the future as well.

I just don't want to do anything that will break the site as I try to change the plugin registration.

(As it is now, if I try to update, I get an error saying "Update failed: undefined")

Thank you.

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.