Skip Navigation

[Resolved] New frontend CRED buttons

This support ticket is created 7 years, 2 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Shane 7 years, 2 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

There are new buttons in frontend cred forms. FIELDS & VIEWS and ACCESS. They were not there before the update. How do we hide these? I don't want my clients seeing them. Thanks!

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Mike,

Thank you for contacting our support forum.

I tried to replicate this in our version 1.8.6 of CRED and was not able to see the issue.

Was this a custom field that has the buttons above them ?

Please let me know.
Thanks,
Shane

When you edit a page in the frontend using CRED, with the updates I just did with your software, it now shows these buttons: hidden link . Those were never there before on frontend, only in backend. But I don't want them showing in the frontend. There should be a setting to disable this.

Shane
Supporter

Hi Mike,

In order to replicate the problem I would like to know if this field that has the button over it is it a regular wordpress field. The post content field or is this a Custom field created in Types that is displayed on the frontend using CRED.

I checked on my install with the updates and the issue wasn't there.

Thanks,
Shane

Sure, it's a CRED form that looks like this: hidden link

It's the normal post_content field.

Shane
Supporter

Hi Mike,

I was able to see this.

So this only occurs for certain user roles. Admins will have access to this on the frontend.

Regular users shouldn't have access to this.

Please let me know if this helps.
Thanks,
Shane

Editors and admins of the site can see it, so how do I turn that off? Those were never there before until the update.

Shane
Supporter

Hi Mike,

To turn this off you will need to uncheck the "Allow Media Insert button in Post Content Rich Text Editor" option on your CRED form.

Please let me know if this helps.

Thanks,
Shane

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.