Skip Navigation

[Resolved] New custom post type items not showing up

This support ticket is created 8 years, 6 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by MarkT8581 8 years, 6 months ago.

Assisted by: bobby.k.

Author
Newsletters — WordPress.jpg

I am trying to: Add a new "post" to a custom post type created with the "Types" plugin.

I expected to see: My new "post" in the list of all items for that custom post type.

Instead, I got: The count is correct under "All (1)", but nothing shows up in the list and says "No Newsletters found"

bobby.k
Supporter

Hello MarkT8581,

Thank you for contacting the Support Forum,

May I kindly ask you to please test this:

-Back up your site first
-Deactivate all non related plugins
-Switch for a moment to a WordPress default theme
-If the issue is gone, activate one by one to see with which one there is an interaction issue

Let me know your results please.

Kind Regards,
Bobby

Thank you. I've determined it is the Avada theme I'm using.

I did not have this problem before. I'm wondering if there was an update to the Types plugin that made it incompatible with the Avada theme.

bobby.k
Supporter

Hello ,

I just verified it and there havent been any recent upgrades that would cause the Avada theme to be incompatible , may i kindly ask you to please share with me a copy of your theme or a Duplicator package to check it locally and try to replicate the issue

Kind Regards,
Bobby

Here is a link to the theme I'm using (copied it straight from my themes folder and then put it in a zip file). This is a purchased theme so please delete after you are finished. If you need the original theme zip file from the theme developer, please let me know.

hidden link

I found the problem. I added a couple of custom functions to the theme's functions.php file and one of them broke it for some reason.

Thanks!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.