Skip Navigation

[Resolved] New Cred Posts skipping post ID's

This support ticket is created 7 years, 7 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Beda 7 years, 7 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author

I have noticed that since the last update of cred ..... New Posts are no longer using sequential post ID's.

If I make one post then right after make another post it skips 4 ID numbers. Its not always 4 it varies.

For example I made 9 new posts and the difference between the first and last post was 256.
Sometimes a new post never gets posted.

I checked the edit page of the numbers skipped and it says they do not exist.

I have made no changes to my forms other then the new update.

If I make new posts in the back end the post ID's are sequential.

Any great ideas on whats happening ?

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

Please allow me to consult our developers on this issue and I'll get in touch with you as soon as I know more.

Minesh
Supporter

I've news from our developers that this is not an issue.

Even when you create drafts and then discard them, they also alter the sequential order of posts. Also, if you enable post revisions, updating the same post three times makes that a new post gets a +4 ID.

So this is not a bug and this is expected results.

This is most definitely an issue.

I understand that discarded drafts and post revisions are added to the sequential count but these transactions have not been done.

If i have, say a standard contact form set up using cred. Submit a test post. Then right after submit another. Using cred 1.7.1 the two posts are sequential.

Update to cred 1.8 , do the same procedure the post ID's skip

revert back to cred 1.7.1 new posts back to sequential.

When it skips it most commonly skips 4, but other times it has skipped 34, 16, 19, 26, 92, 60, 46 and so on. As i said no revisions or discarded drafts have been done in between. Unless viewing a page that has a cred form on it, then going to another page is considered a draft that is discarded ?

Looking forward to your answer.

Minesh
Supporter

Our developer's are checking this issue. Please hold on for further updates.

I'll get in touch with you as soon as I know more.

Minesh
Supporter

I again got the news that this skipping post ids will not affect you in general. You are seeing this because with CRED 1.8 we have added some features and due to that feature you are seeing this missing post id but it will not break any functionality.

Do you have any major concerns with this missing post ids?

The only concern I have is that it does not break any functionality. Which New feature is it ?

Plus, I was thinking it might be the cause of why I'm experiencing an increase in missing or lost posts. For example, In about 40 new cred posts 3 of them never showed up, so I had to post again. This is a major problem if a user submits a post and gets a confirmation that it was posted when it's not.

Minesh
Supporter

The new feature was to improve the functionality when two identical CRED form save at the same time.

Yes - it will not break any functionality and you can use it without any issue.

I kindly request you to create a new ticket for your each new question. This will help other users searching on the forum. Thank you for your understanding.

This is now solved in the Current Toolset Release.

Can you drop a line here once you updated Toolset, that it works for you too?

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.