Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Nested View [wpv-found-count] for child view

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 2.47 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice.

Last updated by TomW5440 1 year, 8 months ago.

Author

Tell us what you are trying to do?

I have 2 views nested within each other (agent, child). The parent view has been created in classic view (so I can nest the views) and child created in block editor.

That parent view query filter is set to display author posts with author same as logged in user and the child view query filter is set to display property posts with author same as logged in user.

This seems to work until I add a conditional with [wpv-found-count] because it's counting the parent view and not the child which is what I need.

The conditional variables are property_count which belongs to parent view and [wpv-post-count] but this needs to be the child count.

[wpv-layout-start]
[wpv-items-found]
<!-- wpv-loop-start -->
<wpv-loop>
[wpv-post-title]

[wpv-view name="agent-properties-copy-1658823653"]
[wpv-conditional if="( $(wpcf-property-count) gt '[wpv-post-count]' )"]
[types field='property-count' format='FIELD_VALUE'][/types] here [wpv-found-count]
[/wpv-conditional]

</wpv-loop>
<!-- wpv-loop-end -->
[/wpv-items-found]

Is there any documentation that you are following?
https://toolset.com/documentation/legacy-features/views-plugin/using-a-child-view-in-a-taxonomy-view-layout/
https://toolset.com/documentation/programmer-reference/views/views-shortcodes/#wpv-items-found

Thanks for listening.

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.