Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Need clarification on Divi 4 & Toolset incompatibility

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
The user was asking about compatibility between Toolset and Divi4

Solution:
We do not recommend to update to Divi 4, because of the changes introduced on it. If some elements of the website continue working others may crash.

Check this article, we currently recommend not mixing Divi and Toolset on the same page

Pages built with Divi and Toolset will likely break. Content templates built with Divi Builder will likely break.

We recommend using; only Toolset for dynamic pages, and Divi for static pages. Some views may continue working inside a Divi page, but with no guarantees.

We are currently working with the Divi theme to overcome all these conflicts, and we will publish an article about it as soon as we have prepared it.

Relevant Documentation:
https://toolset.com/2020/01/how-to-build-advanced-sites-with-toolset-and-divi/

This support ticket is created 3 years, 8 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 - - 9:00 – 13:00
14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 - - 14:00 – 18:00

Supporter timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+00:00)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by jesseH-3 3 years, 8 months ago.

Assisted by: Jamal.

Author

I have a site that was built with Divi. It is currently running Divi 3.22.7
I have content templates and archives that were built using Divi. I am wondering if it's safe to update to Divi 4, or if I should keep using Divi 3.

I have read the Toolset documentation that talks about the Legacy integration:
"This integration should keep working for existing sites built using Divi 3. We will do everything we can to maintain this in the future. However, don’t update these sites to Divi 4 version because that would likely break your designs."

I have also seen the Toolset documentation talk about the "new Divi Builder experience" which seems like it can be disabled from within the Divi builder. I am wondering if/how that's related to the Divi version – is this what Divi version 4 is referring to?

Can I update to Divi 4 without breaking my current setup? If I update to Divi 4 but disable the new Divi Builder experience, will that work, or is that unrelated?

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+00:00)

Hello and thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

We do not recommend to update to Divi 4, because of the changes introduced on it. If some elements of the website continue working others may crash.

Check this article, we currently recommend not mixing Divi and Toolset on the same page:
https://toolset.com/2020/01/how-to-build-advanced-sites-with-toolset-and-divi/

Can I update to Divi 4 without breaking my current setup?
Pages built with Divi and Toolset will likely break. Content templates built with Divi Builder will likely break.

If I update to Divi 4 but disable the new Divi Builder experience, will that work, or is that unrelated?
Yes and No. We recommend using; only Toolset for dynamic pages, and Divi for static pages. Some views may continue working inside a Divi page, but with no guarantees.

We are currently working with the Divi theme to overcome all these conflicts, and we will publish an article about it as soon as we have prepared it.

I hope this answers your questions. I remain at your disposal.

Okay, so it is my understanding that I should not update Divi beyond version 3.xx
And it sounds like "the new Divi builder experience" is unrelated to the issues with Divi 4.
Please let me know if I am misunderstanding anything. If this is all correct, you can close this ticket. Thanks for your help!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.