Skip Navigation

[Resolved] My view is not showing on the home page suddenly.

This support ticket is created 2 years, 11 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by katrina 2 years, 10 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

Tell us what you are trying to do? Display a View (that was displaying for years until now)

Is there any documentation that you are following? no

Is there a similar example that we can see? yes, you can look at the live site to see there is no view displaying

What is the link to your site? I can provide in a private message

Hello! Suddenly a view is not appearing on our homepage for some reason. All our plugins are up-to-date so i am not sure exactly when this happened... within the last 30 days I imagine. Any idea why? I can see the view display correctly in the draft perview on the backend, but not when published.

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Katrina,

Thank you for getting in touch.

Could you provide me with debug information for your site so that I can look at the setup environment, such as the plugins you have installed, wordpress version , php version etc.

To provide the debug information please follow the instructions in the link below.
https://toolset.com/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support/
Thanks,
Shane

Thanks for having a look, Shane. I've provided the debug code.

Shane
Supporter

Hi Katrina,

Thank you for the debug information.

Nothing inside the debug data clued me to any issues with your setup, so I will need to gain admin access to the site to check further for you.

Also please provide me with a link to the page that has the view so that I can take a more detailed look for you.

I've enabled the private fields for your next response.

Thanks,
Shane

Shane
Supporter

Hi Katrina,

I've found the issue.

You wrapper div below has the "wow" class.

<div class="homeArchive wow fadeInLeft" data-wow-duration="1s" data-wow-delay="0s">

Checking the frontend of the site I noticed the view was still visible but nothing was being displayed. All the HTML components for the view was there on the page. Checking the CSS however I found this below.

.wow {
  visibility: hidden;
}

The "wow" class was set to hidden, this is why the view wasn't showing. Removing the WOW class from the div or removing this css should resolve the issue.

Thanks,
Shane

Hi Shane,

Thanks so much for looking into this for me. I think what I'm learning is that the WOW animations no longer work like they used to. Not only has the site functioned properly for years using the WOW script, but we were required to start with the CSS instruction to hide those divs on page load for the animation then work on them and reveal them. And recently i noticed our staging version of the website was redirected to the developer of WOW's domain, which didn't even have a current website on it (I thought it was a hack of some sort.)

OK, I will try and sort this out - thanks again for your help!

Katrina

Shane
Supporter

Hi Katrina,

No problem, happy I was able to assist you on this one.

If there are no further queries related to this then you can go ahead and mark this ticket as resolved.

Thanks,
Shane

Thank you Shane!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.