Skip Navigation

[Resolved] My Add New Open Issue doesn't submit

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 0.77 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by danC-5 1 year, 7 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

Tell us what you are trying to do?
On the Open Issues page for the Admin I have a button that displays a form in a Modal for creating new issues on the front end. However this form does not submit the open issue and create it. I have an identical setup for the Edit Forms on the same page. This form does work and it edits the post live and updates it after submitting. I can't figure out why I can't create a new post but I can update a current one on the front end as an Administrator

Login Credentials can be given upon request

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

Thanks for getting in touch.

Please provide me with the credentials as well as the exact steps to replicate the issue so that I can test on my end.

I've enabled the private fields for your next response.

Thanks,
Shane

Shane
Supporter

private fields

Shane
Supporter

Hi Dan,

I'm assuming this is the page that I shouldd be looking at.
hidden link

However i'm not seeing a button to add a new issue.

Thanks,
Shane

No sorry, hidden link is the page that has the buttons and forms

I have a conditional within the page that switches templates based on User Login Credentials.

Shane
Supporter

Hi Dan,

Thank you for the correct link.

I was able to fix this for you by reinserting the cred form shortcode onto the page. Even though the slug was the same re-adding it to the page seemed to fix the issue.

The only difference was that you had

[cred_form form='add-new-open-issue']

And I added

[cred_form form="add-new-open-issue"]

Notice the use of the double quotes instead of single quotes.

Thanks,
Shane

Hi Shane,

I opened up the page and tried to make a test Open Issue on the site. Nothing was created with the new form on the front end. I see that the double quotes were added but I still can't create and save a new open issue. I made one on the front end and nothing showed up in the table or in the backend when I double checked.

Is there something else missing? Were you able to create a new open issue through the front end form after using the double quotes?

Shane
Supporter

Hi Dan,

I took another look for you and the problem is the form being inside the view filters section. The problem is that the submit button is submitting the search rather than submitting the form.

The solution here as I did is to remove the form from the view filter area.

Thanks,
Shane

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!
Thank you for finding this issue for me. This was my first site using Toolset so I wasn't sure all the ins and outs of it yet.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.