Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Multiple Roles Per User – Unable to change post author

This support ticket is created 2 years, 7 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by chuckH 2 years, 7 months ago.

Author

I am trying to:
After using the multiple roles per user feature to add additional roles per user, I can only change the post author to myself or other users assigned administrator role.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
WP admin post editor

I expected to see:
I expected to be able to see all of the users in the author pick list (as before).

Instead, I got:
Instead, I got only got the ability to the change the post author to myself or other users assigned administrator role.

Adding the following function resolved the issue, but is there another way not involving special functions? Thank you.

add_filter('wp_dropdown_users_args', 'assign_any_users_author_box_func', 10, 2);
function assign_any_users_author_box_func($query_args, $r){
$query_arg['who'] = 'any';
return $query_arg;
}

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Hi Chuck

I tested the same, but couldn't reproduce the problem.

With Access enabled I added several additional roles to an author. I then edited a post and that user was available in the author dropdown.

I tried switching things around and making the primary role a minor role (subscriber) and other roles with publishing rights as secondary roles, and it still worked correctly.

Can you try reproducing on a skeletal site with just Toolset plugins active and a default theme?

Hi Nigel,
My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.