Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Multiple posts are being uploaded

This support ticket is created 4 years, 8 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Author
Screenshot 2020-01-02 at 16.50.56.png

I am getting multiples of the identical post being uploaded by the user.

This started happening when I updated to the new version of Divi and Toolset, a few months ago and still occurs now.

You can see an image of the same item being uploaded under 'puppies for sale' - here is the user post form:hidden link

I have done some investigation and It would seem that the page doesnt immediately show the success of uploading the post, so users think they need to press twice and thus it just replicates the post.

Can you suggest a workaround?

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

That is really strange. Know user yet reported such issue. I need to check on your site whats happening.

Can you please share the staging site where I check the issue?

*** Please make a FULL BACKUP of your database and website.***
I would also eventually need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) to your site. Preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed.

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

Minesh
Supporter

Thank you for sharing access details.

I see the access details you shared is looks like of your live site and we do not recommend to debug on live site. Is it possible for you to send me a duplicator copy of your site so I will try to deploy on my local test install and try to create few posts?
or
I would prefer a staging site where I can run a few tests.

More info:
=> https://toolset.com/faq/provide-supporters-copy-site/

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

Hi there,

My site is too big apparently and won't go through the duplicator.

I also don't have enough space on my host to create a staging site- and don't wait to upgrade my hosting to do this.

can you suggest something else?

Hello,

Minesh is on holiday.

I suggest you provide a test site with the same problem
https://toolset.com/documentation/customizing-sites-using-php/post-relationships-api/how-to-migrate-your-site-to-new-post-relationships/

Fill below private message box with test site's credentials and FTP access, so we can debug in the test site.

Minesh
Supporter

Ok. So, I've followed the following steps:
- I've tried to create on test post by submitting the form: hidden link , I am not able to reproduce the issue
- Then, I've exported the post type, custom fields and the form you created using the module manager and imported on my local test install. I've installed the Divi theme v4.1 and then I've tried to create a new post using the form which I imported from your site, again I am not able to reproduce the issue.

Have you changed anything with form settings?

This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.