Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Multiple Post Type View

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by JoelK2744 1 year, 3 months ago.

Author

Hello,

I have a blocks view made up of multiple post types ('Post-Type-A', 'Post-Type-B', 'Post-Type-C') and the output displays 3 random results, is there any way of limiting the view to only show a random result from 'Post-Type-A' as the first item, a random result from 'Post-Type-B' as the second item, and a random result from 'Post-Type-C' as the third item. Or can this only be achieved by setting up 3 separate views?

Thanks

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Hi Joel

Logically I think that can only be achieved with 3 separate queries (so 3 separate Views).

If you can think of how you would formulate such a query using WP_Query (or get_posts) then let us know and we could help implement the same using a View and possibly some custom code to modify the query.

Ok thanks Nigel, no I can't think of a way to formulate it so will stick with what we have.

Thanks

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.