Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Multiple images in forms and captions

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:

The problem here is that the user wanted to upload multiple images into their repeatable image field all at once when using our Toolset Forms

Solution:

This can be done on your form's edit page under Other Settings. Just enable "Use the WordPress Media Library manager for image, video, audio, or file fields"

This will give you access to the wordpress media library uploader that can allow you to upload multiple images at once.

This support ticket is created 2 years, 6 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by igorL-3 2 years, 6 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

Tell us what you are trying to do? I want to be able to load up multiple images in forms as well as addind captions to images. I have found a number of posts from 3-4 years ago where there is some mention of future additions but I cannot now find anything more current

Is there any documentation that you are following?

Is there a similar example that we can see?

What is the link to your site?

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Igor,

Thank you for getting in touch.

If such is the case then you will need to enable the media library uploader on the forms. This will allow you to use the default wordpress media library when uploading the images to the form.

From there you can setup your captions and any other properties that the wordpress media uploader supports.

On your form's edit page under Other Settings enable "Use the WordPress Media Library manager for image, video, audio, or file fields"

Please let me know if this helps.
Thanks,
Shane

Yes Shane that partially helped as now it bring up the native WP media window. There there is a caption field avaliable. But it only lets me pick one image and how do I display the caption?

Ahh I found the "Include the Add Media button in the rich text editors from this form" which does it. The other is the Featured image that only allows one image and no caption. Is it possible then to have the add media button not atached to the text window and can I rename the label to "add image"? Also when I use the "add Media" it places the images as inline code in the text.

Ok I sorted everything out that I asked you except not sure how to display the catption under the image. Is there a field? I wasn't getting it before becouse I didn't specify repeating fields for images in the Custom Post type. Having done that I can load images and they cave captions in the media window but how to display these caption?

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Igor,

Currently its not possible to display the image descriptions using our Blocks, custom code will need to be used to get the description field for the images.

Have a look a the link below.
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/display-images-from-a-repeater-field-with-the-description/

In this post Nigel created some custom code that should be able to retrieve the image description however you will need to display the images using the shortcode method.

Thanks,
Shane

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.