Skip Navigation

[Closed] Multi step form

This support ticket is created 2 years, 11 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Minesh 2 years, 11 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author

Tell us what you are trying to do?
I realize this seems to be a common request but even using all the other tickets I can not figure this out especially as I am not the best coder.

I have a CPT where the majority of info is stored about fishing flies. Pictures of the flies are stored in a separate CPT with a one-to-many relationship to the first CPT. I want a user to be able to add their own flies with a picture. I created 2 forms. First is a create form (pictureentry) to upload the picture to a new picture post. This form is placed on a page (1. uploadpicture) and set to divert to second page (2.Addnewfly) containing second form (flyentry) . Second form is also a create form and allows the user to enter fly name and then chose an image to associate the new fly with. The picture just uploaded is chosen.

Forms do create new posts but the relationship between picture and fly posts is not created. Can you tell me why and how to fix that?

Also is there an easy way to have the second form be a edit form in situations where the fly already exists in the system and simply needs the new picture post to be associated with it?

I can do some coding but am no expert.

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

To move from page one two another page there are couple of options. Either you can set it from your form setting "After visitors submit this form" and select the option "Go to a page" and select your desired page where you added your another form.

Or

You can use the Toolset Form's hook:
=> https://toolset.com/documentation/programmer-reference/cred-api/#cred_success_redirect

Regarding the issue of connecting the post I'm not sure if you added the parent post on your form.

Hey Minesh
I'm not sure what you mean "added the parent post on your form"? The second form that is filled out is set to create a post for the parent fly post? The child post is the picture CPT. Or is there somewhere else that I need to define this so it does build that parent-child relationship?

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Can you please tell me what what form create what post?

- You have form on 1st step - what post it will create (parent/child)?
- On 2nd step, what form you added?

*** Please make a FULL BACKUP of your database and website.***
I would also eventually need to request temporary access (WP-Admin) to your site. Preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed.

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

The topic ‘[Closed] Multi step form’ is closed to new replies.