Skip Navigation

[Resolved] More Stuff Broken after recent Toolset update

This support ticket is created 6 years, 2 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 11 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Minesh 6 years, 1 month ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author
attorney-subpage.png

This is a follow-on to my earlier ticket https://toolset.com/forums/topic/fix-view-broken-after-update/

I just realized there is more broken content.

As before I need to point out that this was originally setup by Ana Couto at Toolset. She created the custom post types, Views and custom page template. And she is the one who fixed the broken part in earlier ticket.

Lawyer pages like this one hidden link use a custom page template single-attorney.php. When you scroll down the page to the section that says "More About Robert G. Rubin", that section is generated this section of the following code in the template:

<!-- BEGIN LINKS TO SUB-PAGES -->
<h2 class="more-about">
	<?php
		$parent_title = get_the_title($post->post_parent);
		echo 'More About <a class="parent-link" href="' . get_permalink($post->post_parent) . '">' . $parent_title . '</a>';
	?>
</h2>
<?php
	if($post->post_parent) // if has parent
		$children = wp_list_pages('title_li=&child_of='.$post->post_parent.'&echo=0&post_type=attorney');
	else
		$children = wp_list_pages('title_li=&child_of='.$post->ID.'&echo=0&post_type=attorney');
	if ($children) { 
?>
	<ul>
		<li><a href="/tag/<?php echo do_shortcode('[types field="attorney-tag-slug" id="$parent"][/types]'); ?>/">In the News</a></li>
		<?php echo $children; ?>
	</ul>
<?php } ?>
<!-- END LINKS TO SUB-PAGES -->

HERE'S MY CURRENT PROBLEM

The link to "In The News" doesn't work anymore. It brings up a page that says content not found. See the attached screenshots showing the correct output.

It should show the attorney page with his photo and the page title should be his name + In The News. The body should contain a list of posts tagged with his name "Robert Rubin" (note the post tags don't contain the middle initial like the Attorney custom post type does). Finally it should show the sub-page links at the bottom.

The shortcode in the custom page template doesn't work anymore.

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

Please allow me to pass your concern again to Ana and she will investigate it and we will get in touch with you as soon as possible.

Ana
Supporter
Screen Shot 2018-02-23 at 09.26.58.png
Screen Shot 2018-02-23 at 09.22.48.png

associated with each attorney in the edit screen page you have a section 'Attorney details' this includes the attorney tag slug that is used in the mentioned template and link. This one needs to match with the related post tags slug, so in this case it was wrong and used the following 'robert-g-rubin' instead of 'robert-rubin', this was a content change and not related with the update of plugins as far as I could see.

Minesh
Supporter

Could you please check and confirm your issue is resolved.

It is showing the posts now, but it should have the footer section with links to the other sub-pages as shown in the screenshot.

Regarding the comment about a content change: we haven't made any changes, so I don't understand how it got broken.

Minesh
Supporter

Well - I can see the footer information with the following link:
=> hidden link

Are you referring to any other information?

Yes. That is the footer information I am talking about and it should appear at the bottom of any of the pages linked there. It is not showing at the bottom of the "in The News" page though.

Minesh
Supporter

Well - just wanted to double check with you as when we click on "In the News" link it redirect me to following page:
=> hidden link

Do you mean that with above page - the footer section is missing?

Yes

Minesh
Supporter

Well - I investigate this further and I see that this page is tag archive page:
=> hidden link

Now, there is no tag archive build with Toolset and it's calling the default theme's tag.php template:

/wp-content/themes/justiceingeorgia/tag.php

and I do not see that there is anything added as footer section.

Is there an easy way to add a custom archive template to be used for these pages and add that to the footer section?

Minesh
Supporter

Well - you can create tag Archive from: Toolset => WordPress Archives - same as you've created the taxonomy archive.
More info:
=> https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/normal-vs-archive-views/

If you want to create archive through PHP template - you should refer to the following Doc:
=> https://toolset.com/documentation/customizing-sites-using-php/creating-taxonomy-term-archives/#default-wordpress-taxonomies

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.