Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Modify draft posts by CRED form on front-end

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
Trying to create a CRED form that allows a user (logged in) to modify some fields of a draft post and then publish it.

Solution:
Edit your View which contain the cred form. Add "post status" Query Filter >> select "draft" for it.

This support ticket is created 6 years, 10 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 12:00 – 17:00 12:00 – 17:00 12:00 – 17:00 12:00 – 17:00 12:00 – 17:00 -
- 18:00 – 21:00 18:00 – 21:00 18:00 – 21:00 18:00 – 21:00 18:00 – 21:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by marcoR-6 6 years, 10 months ago.

Assisted by: Noman.

Author

Hi,
I'm trying to create a CRED form that allows an user (logged in) to modify some fields of a draft post and then publish it.

My problem is that I'm not seeing the cred on the page. I've created a page that contain a views that filter by url param call "id". In this view there is the cred form.

So, I expected to see the "modify CRED" for the post specified in the url param. Instead, I'm not seeing nothing. The views return me "no items found" error.

In the access control all option are set correctly. I'm trying to change the draft status to private but I have the same problem How can I resolve this problem?

Thank you,
M

Noman
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

loop output.png

Hi Marco,

Thank you for contacting Toolset support.

First please try to create a simple View for your posts (without Cred edit form) to check if it is working fine and displaying post links instead of "no items found" on the frontend. In Loop output editor please select Post title with link. See attached screenshot.

After that please follow the below steps and you will then see Edit form on front-end:
1. Create a new Content Template
2. Add Cred Edit form in this Content Template
3. Create a View
4. Insert Cred Edit post link in “Templates for this View” section, screenshot here:
hidden link

Related doc:
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/displaying-cred-editing-forms/

Please let me know how it goes.
Thank you

Hi,
Now all working fine. I have add "post status" filter, setting to "draft" in the view which contain the cred form.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.