Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Mobile App Creation Reccomendations

This support ticket is created 4 years, 7 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by MattI4840 4 years, 7 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

Tell us what you are trying to do?

I have a client that has inquired about creating a mobile app for their technicians. I've created web based mobile apps for android in the past by simply creating a site using wp core, custom theme, toolset, and then creating an apk with a webview that points to the app domain. This has worked just fine in the past, but I know there are multiple plugins and services that will create the mobile app for you (both Android and iOS), so I wanted to see if Toolset recommends any of these plugins/services, or at the has a no-go list for those that have been tested and don't work well with toolset.

Thanks,
Matt

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Matt,

Thank you for getting in touch.

Unfortunately no we do not have any recommendation for this or have any products that we have tested with our Toolset plugins.

However it should still function as intended if the plugin can gain access to the database.

Thanks,
Shane

Thanks Shane, I appreciate the feedback.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.