Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Mixed content warning

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: I am seeing mixed content warning messages on my site.

Solution:
- Check to be sure both URLs in wp-admin > Settings > General are set to use HTTPS.
- Go to Toolset > Settings > Maps and check the URLs for the marker images here by inspecting the elements in the browser inspector. If any are still on HTTP, delete them and replace them with new images on HTTPS.
- Edit the View or Content Template that contains the Marker shortcode. If you're using a custom icon, the shortcode may contain a URL for the custom icon file. Make sure the marker_icon URL begins with two slashes like this:

[wpv-map-marker map_id='map-5' marker_id='marker-5' marker_icon='//your-site.com/wp-content/plugins/toolset-maps/resources/images/markers/Buildings.png' marker_field='wpcf-location'][/wpv-map-marker]

- If the Marker shortcode is in a View, try turning caching off for that View temporarily. To do that, find the View shortcode and add cached="off" like this:

[wpv-view name="your-view-slug" cached="off"]

- If you're still experiencing problems, try clearing Toolset's image cache by going to Toolset > Settings > Custom Content. Click "Clear cached images" and "Clear outdated cached images"

This support ticket is created 5 years, 8 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Christian Cox 5 years, 8 months ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author

I am using Toolset maps on some pages, with custom map markers. I initially inserted map marker images on http and then moved my site to ssl. I am sure I corrected the marker urls with https, but still I get mixed content warnings for the markers. I wonder how can I understand where these files are requested. please see this sample url:

hidden link

Hi, please try these troubleshooting steps:
- Go to Settings > General and be sure both site URLs begin with HTTPS.
- Go to Toolset > Settings > Maps and check the URLs for the marker images here by inspecting the elements in the browser inspector. If any are still on HTTP, delete them and replace them with new images on HTTPS.
- Edit the View or Content Template that contains the Marker shortcode. If you're using a custom icon, the shortcode may contain a URL for the custom icon file. Make sure the marker_icon URL begins with two slashes like this:

[wpv-map-marker map_id='map-5' marker_id='marker-5' marker_icon='//your-site.com/wp-content/plugins/toolset-maps/resources/images/markers/Buildings.png' marker_field='wpcf-location'][/wpv-map-marker]

- If the Marker shortcode is in a View, try turning caching off for that View temporarily. To do that, find the View shortcode and add cached="off" like this:

[wpv-view name="your-view-slug" cached="off"]

- If you're still experiencing problems, try clearing Toolset's image cache by going to Toolset > Settings > Custom Content. Click "Clear cached images" and "Clear outdated cached images"

Let me know if none of these steps resolve the problem and I can take a closer look.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.