Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Misleading Layout use

This support ticket is created 7 years, 11 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 -
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Juan 7 years, 11 months ago.

Assisted by: Juan.

Author

Dear Sir/Madam,

Only the front page or selected pages using different layout, all other pages use the same layout (sometimes we named the default layout). From the Layouts, there is an exclamation alert to state a page is not using the selected layout. In fact, that is not an error but the icon make user misunderstand there is an problem, when user click the icon and follow the instruction the update page now, the front page and selected pages' layout will be affected

I suggest not to use the exclamation icon, it can be the information icon, when popup the window to ask user to update the page, better to list out which other page is currently using other than this layout. User can easily to understand whether it is wrong setting or custom setting.

Best regards,

Kelvin

Juan
Supporter

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Hi Kelvin

Thanks for your feedback.

While this is not exactly a feature request, I would label this as an usability issue. A such, I will add it to our internal tracking system so the Layouts developers evaluate the best way to improve this.

Thanks again.

Regards.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.