Skip Navigation

[Closed] Migrating our website from subdomain to root domain.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice.

Last updated by katinaA 1 year, 6 months ago.

Author

We are nearly ready to launch the new FYCCN site currently residing at hidden link . We will be moving the site to the root domain at hidden link

I'm writing to get your advice on this migration. I previously did a migration for another site I built and when I did so, several Toolset Views broke. On that site, I did a manual migration and did a global replace on the MySQL database to change all instances of URLs from the development subdomain to the real domain. I was told that doing that was not a good idea.

Also note that I was advised to use the Duplicator plugin. I can tell you right now with 100% certainty that Duplicator will not work (at least the free version). Whenever I have a large site, Duplicator's failure rate is pretty high. This site we're moving now is enormous, so I don't think I'll even bother with trying it.

So do you have any other advice you can offer for this process in hopes of avoiding a repeat of my experience with the other site where many Toolset Views and archives got messed up in the transition?

The topic ‘[Closed] Migrating our website from subdomain to root domain.’ is closed to new replies.