Skip Navigation

[Resolved] migrate a wordpress site from one domain to the other

The Toolset Community Forum is closed, for technical support questions, please head on to our Toolset Professional Support (for paid clients), with any pre-sale or admin question please contact us here.
This support ticket is created 11 years, 7 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.
This is the community support forum for Types plugin, which is part of Toolset. Toolset is a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients and people who registered for Types community support can post in it.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by alberto 11 years, 7 months ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author

I followed the tutorial https://toolset.com/faq/how-do-i-migrate-a-wordpress-site-from-one-domain-to-the-other/ - and change the quotes so they are all regular, single-quote characters, but when I
put the
UPDATE wp_posts SET option_value = REPLACE(guid, ‘hidden link, ‘hidden link);

i get this: #1054 - Unknown column 'option_value' in 'field list'

Then when I check the site, the images that I had as Types - Images in a view , lost the size that I put as default in the view, instead of thumbnail they have full size,
I had to upload the images again so the images become thumbnails again in the view-post . Any suggestions to see how can we avoid this problem , thanks for your support

Hi alberto,

It should be :
UPDATE wp_posts SET guid = REPLACE( guid, 'hidden link', 'hidden link' )

Thanks for your feedback, our editor will fix it soon.

Regards
Luo

Thanks for your fast and great help it really worked well , only a few changes in the SQL sintaxt heres the one that worked for me:

UPDATE wp_posts SET guid = REPLACE(guid, 'hidden link', 'hidden link');

also I had to make the right changes in the config.php and in the htacces as well

best wishes , cool support and great plugin =)

The forum ‘Types Community Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.