Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Membership Site: Change User Role on Checkout

This support ticket is created 7 years, 8 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- - 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

Author

I've built a membership site exactly as I want it after investing very heavily in learning Toolset. You can visit the site at hidden link

Currently a user:
1. Visits the page, fills in name, email and password, account is created
2. prompted to select which plan they want and directed to woocommerce
3. They go through the checkout process and complete it.
4. Now what should happen is their user role would have been set during checkout and when they are directed to the "My Account" page, it shows the relevant details. But I can't work out how to set the User Role.

How do I get WooCommerce set the user role on checkout. Or if thats not the way I should do it, how do I set the user role?

I've setup Access to only allow permissions for certain roles to see certain things, and it works fine if I manually change the user role myself. but how do I get this to happen automatically on checkout.

Surely there is a way to do this using Toolset without custom coding, how exactly do I achieve this.

Another important point, How would I have users upgrade/downgrade between roles? (Change user role because they've upgraded from bronze to gold)

When you use CRED and CRED Commerce to create users, the Role is set in the relevant CRED Form.

Only one Role can be applied each form of a CRED CREATE users.

Only EDIT CRED forms can apply to many Roles.

This means, you should create several Forms.
Each applies to one Role.

Present somewhere links to the Pages with those Forms.
Each Link should be self-explaining to your User, what he is going to be registered as.
Then, you applay the correct payment options to the forms that should have a payment, and none, where it's not needed.

This will then create the user in the Role set in the CRED Form.

Does this help?

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.