Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Markers will not display on map

This support ticket is created 7 years, 10 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Sarah Burridge 7 years, 10 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author
Maps View.jpg
Maps Shortcode.jpg

I am trying to: display a simple one-marker map on a content template; marker function appears not to be working. I have followed all instructions on website/in video, but all I get is a map showing the middle of the ocean with no markers (not even when zoomed out/zoomed in on the region where the marker should be showing).

I have tried setting a marker using both the address field from the post type and an address typed in manually; neither work. (See shortcode screencap.)

I HAVE signed up for a Google Maps API key and entered it into the Toolset settings. The map feature works fine, just not the markers.

This site is currently private (in maintenance mode), but I can provide access if necessary.

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

There must be issue with Google Map API. I would like to apply my test Google MAP API.

1)
Could you please share problem URL where I can see your map.

2)

*** Please make a FULL BACKUP of your database and website.***
I would also eventually need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) to your site. Preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed.

I would additionally need your permission to de- and re-activate Plugins and the Theme, and to change configurations on the site. This is also a reason the backup is really important. If you agree to this, please use the form fields I have enabled below to provide temporary access details (wp-admin and FTP).

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

Minesh
Supporter

There must be the issue with your Google Map API key as I've tested with my API key and markers are displaying.
=> hidden link

You must try to create new API and make sure following APIs are enabled and recreate new API key:
- Google Maps Geolocation API
- Google Maps JavaScript API
- Google Places API Web Service

Hi,
I have the same problem, but my view show more markers.

I created new API key and i enabled this:
- Google Maps Geolocation API
- Google Maps JavaScript API
- Google Places API Web Service

This is my view code:

[wpv-layout-start]

[wpv-items-found]
[wpv-map-render map_id='map-reseller' map_height='500px' single_zoom='12' scrollwheel='off' marker_icon='...../wp-content/plugins/toolset-maps/resources/images/markers/Shop-1.png']
<br />
  <!-- wpv-loop-start -->
	<wpv-loop>
      <p>[wpv-post-title] - [types field='indirizzo'][/types] - [types field='indirizzo' format='FIELD_ADDRESS: FIELD_LATITUDE, FIELD_LONGITUDE'][/types]</p>
	[wpv-map-marker map_id='map-reseller' marker_id='marker-[wpv-post-id]' marker_title='[wpv-post-title]' marker_field='wpcf-indirizzo']
      <h3>[wpv-post-title]</h3>
    [/wpv-map-marker]
    </wpv-loop>
	<!-- wpv-loop-end -->
	[/wpv-items-found]
	[wpv-no-items-found]
		<strong>[wpml-string context="wpv-views"]No items found[/wpml-string]</strong>
	[/wpv-no-items-found]

[wpv-layout-end]

The tag

[types field='indirizzo' format='FIELD_ADDRESS: FIELD_LATITUDE, FIELD_LONGITUDE'][/types]"

show

Roma, RM, Italia: ,

If I type "{latitude,longitude}" , map work rightly.

Minesh
Supporter

@tortoni:
Please kindly open a new ticket.

Thank you so much for the response.

I spent ages messing around creating new keys, etc. I FINALLY figured out that the issue might be that I have the site in maintenance mode, so it can't be viewed without a login. The cloned site is NOT in maintenance mode. I tried my API key in the cloned site, and it worked fine, so I briefly took the real site out of maintenance mode, and the map worked fine. So the issue appears to be related to the entire site being blocked from access.

So obviously, this wasn't a Toolset issue at all - but I suppose it's good to know that this issue is a thing.

Thanks for the great support!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.