Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Markers not shows at all

This support ticket is created 7 years, 8 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 14 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by tomasR-2 7 years, 8 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author

Hi Shane,
markers on the map are not showing at all.

Loop:

[wpv-layout-start]
	[wpv-items-found]
	<!-- wpv-loop-start -->
    [wpv-map-marker map_id='map-4' marker_id='marker-[wpv-post-id]' marker_field='wpcf-location-baf'][/wpv-map-marker]

<wpv-loop wrap="2" pad="true">
		[wpv-item index=1]
		<div class="row ">
			<div class="col-sm-6">[wpv-post-body view_template="Loop item in test2"]</div>
		[wpv-item index=other]
		[wpv-item index=2]
		</div>
		[wpv-item index=pad]
			<div class="col-sm-6"></div>
		[wpv-item index=pad-last]
			<div class="col-sm-6"></div>
		</div>
	</wpv-loop>
	<!-- wpv-loop-end -->
	[/wpv-items-found]
	[wpv-no-items-found]
		<strong>[wpml-string context="wpv-views"]No items found[/wpml-string]</strong>
	[/wpv-no-items-found]
[wpv-layout-end]

Map ID is ok, all plugins deactivated, google API key changed. But still the same - no any result.

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

1)
Could you please activate WP_DEBUG from wp-config.php file and send me possible errors for review.

2)
Have you registered google map API key?

you must try to create new API and make sure following APIs are enabled:
- Google Maps Geolocation API
- Google Maps JavaScript API
- Google Places API Web Service

3)
Could you please try to resolve your issue by deactivating all third-party plugins as well as with the default theme to check for any possible conflicts with any of the plugins or themes?

Hi Minesh,
1) wp_debug is enable but there is no any messages on front end and no debug.log file even define('WP_DEBUG_LOG', true);

2)
ENABLED Google Maps Geolocation API
ENABLED Google Maps JavaScript API
ENABLED Google Places API Web Service

but Google Maps Geolocation API gives me 100% ERROR!

3)
all plugins disabled (exept of Toolset)
wp theme: twenty sixteen

Minesh
Supporter

Could you please share problem URL.

*** Please make a FULL BACKUP of your database and website.***
I would also eventually need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) to your site. Preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed.

I would additionally need your permission to de- and re-activate Plugins and the Theme, and to change configurations on the site. This is also a reason the backup is really important. If you agree to this, please use the form fields I have enabled below to provide temporary access details (wp-admin and FTP).

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

Hi Minesh,
could you let me know when you will be able to start?
Only to be informed when I can start to make changes.

Thank you

Minesh
Supporter

Could you please share problem URL?

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

Minesh
Supporter

I've added following test code to test a new map to your test page at top of the page and I can see that map is working.

[wpv-map-render map_id='map-8']
[wpv-map-marker map_id='map-8' marker_id='marker-8' address='Larnaca, Cyprus'][/wpv-map-marker]

=> hidden link

With your map I can see that there is only [wpv-map-render map_id='map-8'] shortcode available but I do not see any map marker shortcode.

You have made some progress - I did the same before and nothing shows up.
But what to do with the rest of this issue?

please check this:
=> hidden link

the same two maps but different result I have created map-9 the same way and ... no marker!

sorry
=> hidden link

and I created one more with your address and .... marker is there.... so it must be some location restriction? or what?

Minesh
Supporter

The issue is your Google map API key.

I've just replaced my test google map API key on map settings page with your google map API key and marker is displaying.

screen-api.jpg

here is the actual google api dashboard with my api services

Minesh
Supporter

I can not guess anything by seeing screenshot only.

Please check creating new API key and for test purpose dont assign any domain to API key. Allow API key for all domains.

After I remove domain from api - it works well.
So I have to figure out how to add domain to protect my API key... later.

Thanks Minesh

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.