Skip Navigation

[Resolved] map markers not showing

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
map markers not showing

Solution:
User do not have a valid Google MAP API key added at:
=> Toolset => Settings => Maps tab => Google Map API key

Relevant Documentation:
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/display-on-google-maps/creating-a-google-maps-api-key/

This support ticket is created 4 years, 11 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by leeR-6 4 years, 11 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author

I have not developed anything new with Tooset maps in 5 months. I have installed all updates. Things that worked 5 months ago, are not working now - for example my support ticket from Nov. 20. I think its something simple but I don't see it.

So, I setup two simple tests. The markers are not showing up.

Single Post Map:
hidden link

Loop Map:
Page: hidden link
View: hidden link

Is something wrong with my address field? Something else? Why aren't the markers showing?

Other more complicated maps are working:
hidden link

Thanks
Lee

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

Well - could you please update WordPress to latest version as well.

In addition to that, the wp-admin access details you send to me is not working at this end. Can you please resend me working access details.

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

Minesh
Supporter

Well - it looks like the Google map API key you registered is not working.

I see the following error at: Toolset => Settings => Maps tab => Google Map API key - when I click on "Check API" button.

REQUEST_DENIED - API keys with referer restrictions cannot be used with this API.

Please create a non-restricted API key and register and try to resolve your issue. I checked with my test API key and map displayed fine on your install.

OK. That's weird. The same key works with other map plugins. For example:

hidden link

hidden link

When I click the Toolset "Check API", this message shows:

REQUEST_DENIED - API keys with referer restrictions cannot be used with this API.

I will ask the person in my office that sets up the keys about it. I don't know what "referer restrictions" are.

Minesh
Supporter

Sure - once you submit unrestricted key it will work.

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.