Skip Navigation

[Resolved] map markers don't have transparent background

This support ticket is created 7 years, 1 month ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Richard Nicholls 7 years, 1 month ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author
Screen Shot 2017-03-23 at 16.04.56.jpg

I am trying to: show markers on a map with a transparent background

I visited this URL: (test-page) hidden link

I expected to see: markers on a map with a transparent background

Instead, I got: markers on a map with a grey/white background – strangely the cluster markers are ok. I've tried loading my own .png files with sRGB colour profile and alpha channels as per general web advice but no difference.

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Richard,

Thank you for contacting our support forum.

Would you mind sending me a copy of the images that you are using so I can check to see if they are transparent ?

Thanks,
Shane

Hi Shane
I'm using the default markers/images with the latest version of the Maps plugin. I only tried my own .png file to see if that made any difference (which it didn't) after the default marker wasn't working.
Regards, Richard

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Richard,

I suspect that this issue is a css issue and was able to find the culprit.

#main img {
    background: #f3f3f3 none repeat 

The css above is applying a background to all the images within the #main container and since the map markers are images then they will get affected by the css as well.

What you need to do is to be more specific with the css declaration so the map doesn't get affected as well .

Please let me know if this helps.
Thanks,
Shane

Fantastic, thanks very much Shane, css amended and all sorted now.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.