Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Map markers

This support ticket is created 3 years, 11 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 16 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by hansD-2 3 years, 11 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

The map on my frontpage is only showing 6 markers and not all markers.

This is the url to the website hidden link

Your help will be appreciated.

I added more content items to this group and now the map shows 9 markers.
In total i created 44 items that should pop-up on the map. Here is the list of all the items: hidden link

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Hans,

Thank you for getting in touch.

Unfortunately i'm not seeing any map in the link that you've sent above.

Could you check the link once more to see if you're able to see the map and let me know. Also are all the map markers pointing to the same map ? Meaning is the map id the same on all the map markers?

Thanks,
Shane

Schermafbeelding 2020-05-26 om 15.38.05.jpg

I'm a confused about the map and you not seeing it, its on the homepage: hidden link

Your second question i'm not sure about. The map has a map marker that has a View block as a source.

Shane
Supporter

Hi Hans,

Would you mind allowing allowing me to have admin access to check on this in further details for you ?

The private field will be enabled for your next response.

Thanks,
Shane

Hi Shane,

That's fine, i did not see a private field with this response, maybe in the next...

Hans

Shane
Supporter

Hi Hans,

The fields should now be present.

Thanks,
Shane

Shane
Supporter

Hi Hans,

The problem seems to be with the Google API limit where its not addressing the over 10 addresses.

Adding a pagination to your view will fix this issue so only 10 or so results can load at a time.

Unfortunately there isn't much that we can do about this since it is a Google imposed limit.

Also you will need to re-add your API key as I removed it to see if it was the API key issue but I seem to have misplaced the key.

Thanks,
Shane

toolset-maps-additional-map-controls-front-end.png

Hi Shane,

I created a new API an linked it, there are no limitations set for this API. At this point is is only showing 6 where it before showed 9. So that's odd. When i look at the Toolset information regarding maps it show a picture with many locations. So it leads me to think that there has to be a way to solve this?

Hans

Shane,

Did another search in Google and found this threat, it looks like Toolset is also not passing the dressing in the efficient way and that could cause the issue. hidden link

Hans

Shane
Supporter

Hi Hans,

The screenshot is an old screenshot as Google could've changed the API limits since then.

I've tested on a fresh site as well and the result is still the same. Only 10 of my addresses get displayed on the map so you will need to use pagination as a temporary workaround.

I've also escalated this to our 2nd tier supporters to see if they can provide any ideas on this one.

Thanks,
Shane

Thanks for the reply Shane,

The whole point of the website that i'm building and why i'm using Toolset is a directory website. Maps are an essential part of this. So it would be very much appreciated if there is a solution. I see other directory themes that are able to plot more then 10 markers on a map so i have good hope.

Best regards,
Hans

Shane
Supporter

Hi Hans,

Would you mind if I grabbed a copy of your site for further testing here?

I want to see if your server or anything on the site might be enforcing the limit on the map itself.

Thanks,
Shane

Hi Shane,

Sure nu problem, but i removed your login account from the website and ftp.
Would you please activate a private reply field in your next reply so i can give you new accescredentials.

Hans

Shane
Supporter

Hi Hans,

Here are the private fields once more.

Thanks,
Shane

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.