Skip Navigation

[Resolved] map , cant get filter to function

This support ticket is created 4 years, 1 month ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by martinP-13 4 years ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

hidden link
i am trying to add a filter for custom field i added to the post type clubs , map and markers working ,fields displaying but when i filter i get no items found , i can only select one at a time also , i need to be able to select multipe choices login is needed to see the page

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Martin,

Thank you for getting in touch.

i can only select one at a time also , i need to be able to select multiple choices

For this it depends on what kind of field it is. Can you allow me to have admin access to the website so that I can have a look at this.

Thanks,
Shane

i have resolved number 1 now . thanks

Shane
Supporter

Hi Martin,

Thank you for the credentials.

2) i want to always display the location name no matter what is input (lon and lat show when use my location selected it is nasty on the eye!!)

Unfortunately right now you will only get the Lon and Lat values because this is what the location is based on. This is the most accurate way of getting the user's location because you won't be to get the user's exact address.

For eg if the search gets their location and the form picks up Miami, then this won't give an accurate reading of the user's location because they can be anywhere in Miami.

3) is there a way to turn the ugly numerical box for the filter into a pretty slider?

Unfortunately no this won't be possible at least not for this field.

Thanks,
Shane

welll that was a waste of 4 days lol!! maybe toolset should get with the times>?? disappointing

Shane
Supporter

Hi Martin,

Its not necessarily toolset itself but the limitation of the API's that Toolset is using.

Right now when Google gets your current location it gets it by the Coordinates. What could be done is convert these coordinates to an approximate named location, however this will throw off the distance filter because the distance won't be accurate but an approximation given that its coming from an approximated location.

Not much that we can do about this one, however he idea is a good one.

Secondly for the distance slider, it actually requires a min and a max value. Given that google's radius API only takes 1 value as a distance from a point then it wouldn't be possible to do the distance slider.

Hopefully this clarifies some of the limitations for you.

Thanks,
Shane

no it doesn't clarify , your plugin is getting the long and latitude , lon and lat will translate to an address , example
hidden link its very simple in theory , but i dont know how your plugin is built or know how to write php or js ..... unfortunately to show users a meaningless long and lat is very strange indeed....

as for distance slider i have this all ready on my site fully functioning so it must be achievable , which leads me to my next question , my site all ready uses maps js api , is there a snippet to make toolset check if it needs the api and not to double load ?

thanks

to clarify on my pages i now have in console
You have included the Google Maps JavaScript API multiple times on this page. This may cause unexpected errors.

thankyou shane

Shane
Supporter

Hi Martin,

, is there a snippet to make toolset check if it needs the api and not to double load ?

Unfortunately not to my knowledge. There also isn't an option in Toolset to disable the maps API from loading.

Probably not much help but we are working to improve our Maps plugin.

Thanks,
Shane

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.