Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Luhn algorithm on a User form

This support ticket is created 3 years, 6 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by andrewD-10 3 years, 6 months ago.

Author

Hi Toolset,

I have a form for new customers to put in their credit card information or account number. What I would like to do is run java script or PHP code to test if the card is a real card or not using the Luhn Algorithm. This is an algorithm that will determine if the card is a real number (it does not run any transactions, only test the numbers). Would you help me in putting this code inside the form I have. Please see the following links of examples.

Link: hidden link
Link: hidden link

If this is not possible by code is it possible to do the algorithm through a manual mathematical formula and conditional number fields?

Thank you,
Andrew

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Sorry Andrew

This is custom development work outside the scope of support, we cannot develop features for you like this.

I suggest you visit https://toolset.com/contractors/ and look for help there if you don't have access to a developer.

Will do, thank you Nigel.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.