Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Loading page without displaying the default Toolset layout

This support ticket is created 7 years, 11 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Minesh 7 years, 11 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author
Screen Shot 2016-05-24 at 10.46.31 PM.png
Screen Shot 2016-05-24 at 10.46.27 PM.png

Dear Beda,

Please kindly visit my new site at hidden link as the current theme is the Starter, I don't like the default menu, I have my own design with customised style. How can I force the page loading without displaying the default menu style? It is very annoying.

Best regards,

Kelvin.

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

Beda is on holiday today. This is Minesh here and I'll take are of your ticket. Hope this is OK.

As I understand you want to remove the default menu. If this is true, you should navigate to:
=> Toolset => Layouts
=> Edit header and footer layout
=> Remove the menu cell

If you want to override the current CSS, you should target the menu ids.

More info:
=> https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/using-html-css-style-layout-cells/

Does this help?

Dear Minesh,

I think you misunderstand my question. Have you visit the site, did you see the default menu and then the new style menu? I don't want to see the default menu while loading, but not want to remove the menu.

Best regards,

Kelvin.

Minesh
Supporter

You can find default CSS at path: toolset-starter/css/theme.css

You can register/deregister CSS file from Toolset starter theme's functions.php file.

You can find following code for registering CSS withing functions.php file at line number 40:

// Register  CSS
			wp_register_style( 'bootstrap_css', THEME_CSS_BOOTSTRAP , array(), null );
			wp_register_style( 'theme', THEME_CSS, array(), null );
			wp_register_style( 'ref_woocommerce', THEME_CSS_WOO, array(), null );
			wp_register_style( 'font_awesome', '//maxcdn.bootstrapcdn.com/font-awesome/4.4.0/css/font-awesome.min.css', array(), null );

Dear Minesh,

Sorry I can't get your meaning, What should I deregister and the default menu css will not be loaded?

Best regards,

Kelvin.

Minesh
Supporter

If you do not want default theme.css file CSS, Could you please just comment out the line:

wp_register_style( 'theme', THEME_CSS, array(), null );

Or

You can also try to dequeue style. Please refer to the following article:
hidden link

Dear Minesh,

I just don't want to have the default menu css but not the whole theme css.

Can you see the default menu show up before my style? I don't like people can see the change.

Best regards,

Kelvin.

Minesh
Supporter

Actually - theme.css is compiled file that is minified version. You will find CSS code in single line.

You should try to edit "theme.css" file at path: toolset-starter/css/theme.css
=> Remove all the CSS which belongs to ".navbar" class selector.

You may use the following site to unminify the CSS file: hidden link

Dear Minesh,

If I directly modify this theme.css file, will it be overrode when version upgrade to the starter theme?

Best regards,

Kelvin.

Minesh
Supporter

Yes - this is true. Your changes will be no more available once you update theme again.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.