Skip Navigation

[Resolved] "load more" Button

This support ticket is created 5 years, 12 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- - 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by tommasoO 5 years, 12 months ago.

Assisted by: Beda.

Author

Hi guys,

I am looking to add a "load more" button to listing search in views. I found that this option was requested 3-4 year ago. Is it now added to toolset? If not, when it will be added?

Thanks

Pagination settings.png
Pagination (only the next page).png
Loop .png
Loop Item .png

Yes, we have a request filed for a "load more" pagination effect with AJAX, that would work the same as infinite scroll but with a "load more" effect.

The feature is not implemented because there are several ways one could implement this from the design point of view.
It's like with Slider Filters.
We could add one and the next request would be to change the handles appearance.
It is a field that is subject to many possible customizations that are not as easy to add as for example simple HTML or CSS modifications.

The request has not many votes until now, I added yours to increase its weight.

For now, for example, you could use a pagination button, whereas you load the next page in any scroll movement you want (horizontal or vertical) and load the next item with AJAX.

It's visually almost the same experience.

I added some screenshots of what I did in a View (it's a raw example).

I know though that this is not what you ask for, as you want to be able to scroll back up, and that is only possible if you use the infinite scroll feature - which does not natively allow a "load more" feature yet.

How do I vote on this? I need a load more and infinite scroll.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.