Skip Navigation

[Resolved] List of bookings for the host

This support ticket is created 3 years, 2 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 11 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Shane 3 years, 1 month ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

Hi,

Is it possible to make some sort of overview or list available for the host of a camp? So he/she can see how many bookings there are on the specific camp?

Either by email or on the website or someting?

Thanks

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Mai,

Taking a look at this you would need some form of reporting tool. Currently i'm not seeing how to do this with Toolset, so this one would seem a bit out of the scope of our plugin.

Thanks,
Shane

Hi shane,

Do you know any plugin that would be compatible with toolset? Or does it have to be compatible with woocommerce and the quantity function within the products? Basically it is a woocommerce product that the customer is buying so i am not sure what parts the plugin should be compatible with.

Shane
Supporter

Hi Mai,

Unfortunately i'm not aware of any plugin that can provide this functionality. The main issue is how will we know who was the owner of the camp and link that to the orders.

The data is there, however there isn't any connection from the Host to the Product to the Bookings. It can be possible with the use of custom code to filter the orders from woocommerce based on the current host and their offering.

Thanks,
Shane

Hi Shane,

Okay so if i were to contact a person who could make such a custom code, how should i describe it to this person? And can you recommend anyone who might have done the same thing before? I am sure you have had this question before?

Hi again Shane,

Maybe Waqar knows - he is already helping me with email setup. Is there any way to connect him to this ticket?

Shane
Supporter

Hi Mai,

Unfortunately Waqar isn't on the shift at the moment but I can send him a notice about it.

However this is first i'm seeing this specific issue. The main issue is that there isn't a relationship between the orders owner of the Camps. Based on what I see the Bookings are Woocommerce products correct that have a parent post type Camp that is created by the Owner of the Camp.

If you take a look at it like this Owner -> Camp -> Product -> Orders. Based on our Integration with woocommerce you can only list out the Orders of the user who made the order, this means the person who booked the camp. If you were to contact a developer you will need to explain this relationship logic to them.

Based on what you're describing, you will need a multi vendor setup where each Camp Owner would have their own shop with Products where the user will go to the Owners Camp page to book a camp.

What you can do is to list out the camps on the Owners page and list the quantity left beside it given that the Camp is related directly to the woocommerce product.

Please let me know

Thanks,
Shane

Hi Shane,

Thanks for your input - the idea with a seperate shop for each camp owner is not bad! But it will take time to develop.

If the take out the emails and only think of creating some sort of list for the camp owner - can we then do something? Like a list on the page on the owners profile, where he then can see (like you say) the remaining quantity and maybe a list of the Names or emails that booked / bought the camps?

Hi Shane,

I am just posting a comment so the ticket won't close while i wait for your answer.

Shane
Supporter

Hi Mai,

Even though i've mentioned the shop owner concept, this is not something that is possible with Toolset because this would be heavily based on woocommerce.

You current concept isn't possible to produce a list of orders based on the parent. The only thing you can currently generate right now is the list of orders for the customer who made an order.

What i've been doing is to do a bit of research for you but even the multi store option wont be as simple as installing a plugin. So essentially to modify your existing setup for this type of reporting is going to need a developer to consolidate the data.

Thanks,
Shane

Hi Shane,

Okay just to be clear. There is NO possible way right now to make some sort of overview for the host of the camp where he can see how many people who has booked / signed up for his camp. There is no way to make it appear anywhere in an email OR on his profile or anywhere else?

I just want to make sure that i have understood it correctly 🙂

Shane
Supporter

Hi Mai,

There is NO possible way right now to make some sort of overview for the host of the camp where he can see how many people who has booked / signed up for his camp.

That is correct, unless custom code is being used to pull and link this data.

There is no way to make it appear anywhere in an email OR on his profile or anywhere else?

That is also correct, custom code would also need to be used to get this data as well.

Thanks,
Shane

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.