Skip Navigation

[Closed] Links not opening in new tab

This support ticket is created 2 years, 1 month ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Christopher Amirian 2 years ago.

Assisted by: Christopher Amirian.

Author
Schermafbeelding 2022-03-29 om 10.00.47.jpg

I am trying to:
open links in new tabs

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
hidden link

I expected to see:
Link opening in new tab

Instead, I got:
Link opening in same window

See link setting in attached picture

Christopher Amirian
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Hi there,

It seems that you used the normal block editor in WordPress and not Toolset-related one. But I'd appreciate it if you can show me the issue on a clean installation below by adding a page and adding the link so that I can understand if it is replicable there or not:

hidden link

Thank you.

Hi,

I used a regular paragraph block that I use with other Toolset website as well. Workes wel there but not here.

Do you mean with a "Toolset-related" block, the "Fields and text" block?
As a test I added the text with link in a Toolset "Fields and text" block but same result.

Christopher Amirian
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Hi there,

If you used a normal paragraph block and it does not open up the link in another page then it is not related to Oolset.

Please kindly follow the steps below:

Disable Toolset and all Toolset addons, if the problem persists then it is not related to Toolset.

Thank you.

The topic ‘[Closed] Links not opening in new tab’ is closed to new replies.