Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Link to Edit user CRED form returns 404

This support ticket is created 7 years, 7 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Author

Hi,
I have problem with link to Edit user CRED form - everything is done as it should be:
1) in Access Controll is checked "Edit Own Custom User with CRED Form "Edit profile""
2) generated link is: "hidden link" it means: correct user ID, correct cred user form... only this part "view&p=269" is mystery for me...

and result is 404 page...

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Tomas,

Thank you for contacting our support forum.

This issue could be caused by a plugin conflict.

What I recommend that you do is to temporarily disable all your non-toolset plugins and try again.

Once you have done this please let me know if the issue still remains.
Thanks,
Shane

Hi Shane,
everything I have done with default theme and all plugins off and problem is still there.

But I had the same problem with shortcode "cred_child_link_form" and solution was direct link with parameters included: <a href="hidden link id='$galleries']" target="_blank">Add new Post to this Gallery</a> ... maybe this is information that help?

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Tomas,

Mind providing me with admin access so that I can have a look ?

The private fields will be enabled for your next response.

Thanks,
Shane

Hi Shane,
I resolve it with direct link:
<a href="hidden link field='ID']" target="_blank">Edit Profile</a>

and it works...

what was strange that link with [cred_link_user_form...] was working from pages without problem but from wordpress archive the shortcode created the link like this:
"hidden link"" it means that this part of link: "post_type=view&p=269&" was causing the problem...

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.