Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Link to a page with selected filters

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Minesh 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author

Hi!
I have a page that shows results filtered by taxonomy (hidden link).
I need to go to filtered results from a link on another web page.
The structure of the URL with an activated filter is domain name+page+taxonomy: hidden link

If I want to create this link from another page, why doesn't it work by writing this url in a "Fields and text" block? /expertise/?wpv-sector-category=[wpv-post-taxonomy-slug]

How should I do it?

Thanks!

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

I would like to know that what is that your another page?

Is it a single post page of post type where the taxonomy is "Sectores" is assigned to that post type?

Hi Mateo!
My other page is an a "caso de exito", for example: hidden link
I want to add the link in the tags "Energías verdes" and "Formación y mentoría"
Thanks!

Sorry, I think I didn't answer your question correctly: yes, is it a single post page of post type ("caso de éxito") where one taxonomy is "sectores"

Minesh
Supporter

It will be better if you can share problem URL where you want to add/display the link and tell me what taxonomy you want to use to build the link?

*** Please make a FULL BACKUP of your database and website.***
I would also eventually need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) to your site. Preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed.

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

This link should go to this page: hidden link
This link should go to the "Expertise" page with the "Energias verdes" sector selected.
I hope you understand

Minesh
Supporter

Using the shortcode [wpv-post-taxonomy] you can define what taxonomy you want to display and in what format using the type and format shortcode attributes accordingly.

What if you try to use the following code:

<p>
<span class="etiqueta">
	<i class="las la-leaf verd">
		<a href="/expertise/?wpv-categoria-de-sector=[wpv-post-taxonomy type='categoria-de-sector' format='slug']">[wpv-post-taxonomy type="categoria-de-sector" format="name"]</a>
	</i>
	</span> <span class="etiqueta">[wpv-post-taxonomy type="categoria-de-servicio" format="name"]</span></p>

More info:
- https://toolset.com/documentation/programmer-reference/views/views-shortcodes/#wpv-post-taxonomy

It works! Thanks Minesh!

marF confirmed that the issue was resolved on 2024-03-11 11:04:38.
This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.