Skip Navigation

[Resolved] limiting view results to grandparent

This support ticket is created 5 years, 1 month ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Minesh 5 years ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author

Tell us what you are trying to do? limit this view results to 3 grandparents (client field)

Is there any documentation that you are following?

Is there a similar example that we can see?

What is the link to your site? hidden link

I was hoping for an 'if grandparent = client A or client B or client C '

but even better would be to limit the results of the view according to Access for the logged in user. is it possible to limit post types of a specific name (client A or client B or client C) in access post group?

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

Well - If you navigate to:
=> Toolset => Access Control => Post Groups => Click on "Modify Group"
=> A popup will appear as per this screenshot: hidden link
=> Where you will be able to add a specific post from specific post type - Do you need this?

how would this work to limit what the logged in user sees? here's the structure:

Client > Project (one to many)
Project > Task (one to many)

View:
table with columns Client | Project | Task

I want the logged in user to only see data associated with a specific Client.

any way to do this?

Minesh
Supporter

Well - this is still not clear to me.

What content you want to show to loggedin user? When you say specific client - do you mean that you want to display the information to loggedin user of your choice (specific client) or it should display all client information?

I mean based on what relation of loggedin user you want to show/hide the content to the loggedin user?

Basically - this is the Doc that will help you to understand how you can display the content of grandparents:
=> https://toolset.com/documentation/post-relationships/how-to-display-related-posts-with-toolset/displaying-fields-of-grandparents/

It would be of my choice.
Example:

ClientAData (grandparent)
ClientBData (grandparent)

LoggedInWPUserA
LoggedInWPUserB

i need a way to associate the user to the client, and a way to only allow the user to see the client that's associated with them. and I need to be able to associate more than one client per user.

Minesh
Supporter

Can you check the following Doc - the idea here is you should use the post author field to connect to user - does that helps?:
=> https://toolset.com/documentation/post-relationships/how-to-create-custom-searches-and-relationships-for-users/

Where - you should set a user as post author for your client's posts. Please check the above Doc and let me know if that helps you to fulfill what you looking for.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.