Skip Navigation

[Resolved] limiting checkbox selections

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
limiting checkbox selections on Forms

Solution:
You will have to add custom jQuery/Javascript code to count number of checkboxes options checked/selected and based on that you can limit the number of checkboxes allowed.

You can find the proposed solution in this case with the following reply:
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/limiting-checkbox-selections/#post-2092227

Relevant Documentation:

This support ticket is created 2 years, 9 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by justinW-8 2 years, 9 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author

I am trying to use this jquery to limit the result of a check box by a user to 5, I want to use the field as shown below and I don't know what I am doing wrong because it is not working on the front end

jQuery(document).ready(function ($) {
var tema_limit = 5;

$('input:checkbox[name="checkboxes-wpcf-what-are-the-top-five-things-that-you-believe-your-community-offers-s[]"]').on('change', function(evt) {
if($('[name="tema[]"]:checked').length >= tema_limit) {
this.checked = false;
}
});
});

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

Can you please share problem URL and admin access details so I can check your code and adjust as required.

*** Please make a FULL BACKUP of your database and website.***
I would also eventually need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) to your site. Preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed.

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

Minesh
Supporter

It seems you forget to share problem URL where I can see the checkboxes you added and where you added the JS code you shared.

hidden link
this is the form page
I added the code to the form editor in tool set for creating community

Minesh
Supporter

Unfortunately I could not able to login using the admin access details you shared. Can you please send me working admin access details.

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

the login url is hidden link

Minesh
Supporter

Yes - I know the login URL but I still could not able to login using the admin access details (user / pass) you shared.

Can you please send me working admin access details.

Minesh
Supporter

Can you please check now.

I've adjust the code that will allow you to select five checkboxes at the moment. Here is the modified code:

jQuery(document).ready(function ($) {
var tema_limit = 6;

$('input:checkbox[name="wpcf-what-are-the-top-five-things-that-you-believe-your-community-offers-s[]"]').on('change', function(evt) {
    if($('[name="wpcf-what-are-the-top-five-things-that-you-believe-your-community-offers-s[]"]:checked').length >= tema_limit) {
       this.checked = false;
   }
});
});

Can you please confirm it works as expected: hidden link

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.