Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Layouts Theme Integtration: toolset-notice ??

This support ticket is created 7 years, 2 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Author
Screen Shot 2017-02-28 at 10.06.25 AM.png

How to prevent help (or not so) notices on Dashboard?

I handed over a site to a client, they logged in, first thing in the Dash board was the attached notice.... I don't even use Layouts on the site!!

How to I remove this and prevent it from happening again?

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Hi Tye

The latest updates include additional notices to encourage clients to use Layouts where the theme integrations are available, but if you want to disable them you can add the following code snippet to your theme's functions.php file to disable them.

add_action( 'admin_notices', function() {
    remove_action( 'admin_notices', array( 'Toolset_Admin_Notices_Manager', 'show_notices' ) );
}, -1 );

Thanks Nigel 🙂

.... does this only affect notices encouraging clients to use Layouts - it doesn't filter any important notices?

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Hi Tye

There is no fine-grained control over what notices it blocks, it is all or nothing. If you have been using Toolset for a while you should be familiar with these kind of notices. If you installed the WooCommerce Views add-on, for example, it would tell you that WooCommerce needed to be installed if it wasn't already.

If it is your clients you are worried about you could add some test as to whether to disable the notices or not, such as to only show the notices to administrators (or if your clients are administrators, to only show them to you if you have a specific user on their sites).

If you need help with that, let me know what specifically you would like to test for.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.