Skip Navigation

[Closed] Layouts Preview button does not show updated page

This support ticket is created 3 years, 6 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 - - 9:00 – 13:00
14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 - - 14:00 – 18:00

Supporter timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Jamal 3 years, 6 months ago.

Assisted by: Jamal.

Author

Joe

Tell us what you are trying to do?
We are trying to preview changes we are making to an existing Layouts page. The preview button shows any new Layouts elements we've added to the page, but the old elements do not show the changes we've made. For instance, if we update the text in an existing Visual Editor, the preview still shows the old text. However, if I add a new Visual Editor, it will appear in the preview. I'd like to be able to preview changes to existing elements as well.

Is there any documentation that you are following?
No

Is there a similar example that we can see?

What is the link to your site?

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

Hello and thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

I tried to reproduce this issue on a test site and the preview was updating without issues. You can check it by logging in using the following URL hidden link
Edit this layout and check the preview hidden link

Can you record a short screencast to showcase the issue? I usually use Loom or Screencastify for recording.

Would you like to reproduce this issue on this test site? Can you record a screencast of the issue so I can reproduce the issue following the same steps?

Joe

Hi Jamal,
Thanks for the reply. I've recorded a screencast of the issue I'm experiencing. I used the built in Mac Screenshot app to take the recording. I'm not sure how to get it to you though.

I checked out the test site. One difference that I noticed is that the test site uses the Gutenberg editor. We still have our site running in the Classic editor. The site is also still on 5.5 as there is a bug in the classic editor in 5.6.1 where it constantly warns you of unsaved changes whenever you try to leave the editor screen. So, we are waiting for 5.6.2 to update. Thanks,
Joe

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

Hello Joe, and thank you for your feedback.

Please share your screencast using a 3rd party service like Google Drive or DropBox, it will be helpful to see the same exact steps you follow to trigger the error.

I will also need access to your website, both to WordPress and using FTP. FTP will be needed to activate PHP debugging and read the logs. Your next reply will be private to let you share credentials safely. ** Make a database backup before sharing credentials. **

The topic ‘[Closed] Layouts Preview button does not show updated page’ is closed to new replies.