Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Layouts not working properly

This support ticket is created 8 years, 3 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- - 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by gavinS 8 years, 3 months ago.

Assisted by: Beda.

Author
Layouts problem.png

I'm not sure if this is the right place to report bugs. I couldn't find anywhere else to do so?

I seem to have a problem with layouts now. I have just tried to add a row with a view, but when I click on a box, it brings up two orange boxes instead of one, and I can't click on another box to add the view. Seems to be a bug?

I updated some of the plugins today, not sure if Layouts was one of those?

Thank you for contacting us here in the Support Forum and for providing the Debug Informations

It would be good that you first update your WordPress to it's latest version. Can you do this please?

❌ Be sure to backup your database first before you proceed! ❌
⌥ You can use a plugin for this if you like.
I often use the Duplicator plugin for this purpose.
See: http://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/

If then the issue persist, check if the issue also persist with a WordPress Default Theme and NO Plugins BUT the Toolset Plugins?

If not, could you then re-enable the Plugins one after the other, and check the issue each time you enable a plugin?
Please report me when the issue comes back
It might also be due to the Theme.
Please do reactivate your Theme only after you are sure the issue isn't coming form a 3rd Party Plugin.

Thank you for your patience.

Hi Beda

I updated to WP 4.1

I tried to go to WP 2015 theme, but it said layouts needs to be integrated with the theme or something, I think maybe it's not a Bootstrap theme. But I've gone back to Toolset Starter theme (instead of Starter Child) and the same problem persists.

I then deactivated all other plugins, same problem.

I have also deactivated all Toolset plugins besides layouts, same problem.

Has nobody else reported this problem?

Maybe allow private message so you can check it out?

Thanks

Gavin

The current WP Version is WP 4.4.1

Have you used that version, or as you mention, the 4.1?

It would require a actually WP version to test this.

Nobody else reported the problem and locally this does not happen.

Please can you provide me the access details, so i can make a few tests?

Please ensure a full backup of the website previously.

Thank you

I can not reproduce this problem on your website.

What browser do you use?
Perhaps it is also the OS, but usually, we do not have any issues with any browser or OS at all.

I uploaded a vide for you to se a new Layout and also the edit of a existing Layout on your site.
hidden link

Can you elaborate how I can reproduce the problem?

Thank you

Argh.

Yup seems to be fixed now. I don't know what happened there.

Anyway, thanks for the help Beda.

Gavin

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.