Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Layouts in backend editor not rendering as expected

This support ticket is created 4 years, 9 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Christian Cox 2 years, 9 months ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author
cPanel X - Main - Google Chrome 27_07_2019 20_38_07.png

I am trying to: Edit my layouts

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: See screengrab

I expected to see: Layout items side by side...

Instead, I got: Layout items stacked on top of each other.

You can see on the image below that my layout editor is showing strange behaviour. I thought it was down to a new theme, but this behaviour is also common on my other sites which are using the same plugins and theme as they have for a while with no changes.

Here's a link to the actual layout - hidden link

I see no issues on the console either.

Any ideas?

Hi, can you try these troubleshooting steps?
- Temporarily switch to a default theme like Twenty Nineteen and activate only Types, Views and Layouts.
- Test again. If the problem is resolved, reactivate your theme and other plugins one by one until the problem returns
- If the problem is not resolved, I'll have to take a closer look.

Let me know the results of these tests and we can go from there.

Hi Christian,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you - been moving the site to a new server!

it turns out that it's defniitely caused by a conflict with the plugin Slider Revolution - v 6.0.8 - I've been using the plugin for ages but the problem only just appeared. The only difference is that i've registered the plugin which originally came bundled with my theme.

Do you want a copy of the plugin in order to see if you can replicate the issue?

Yes please, I only have version 6.0.7 right now and I can't replicate the problem with that version. Please provide a download link for me (all links are obscured from other users for your privacy). Also please let me know the Bootstrap settings in Toolset > Settings > General. Thanks!

The file you need is here - hidden link

Bootstrap settings are: Toolset should load Bootstrap 3

Cheers!

Okay thanks, I'm able to replicate the problem with this version of Slider Revolution. Let me pass this information to my 2nd tier support team so they can do a more detailed investigation. I'll let you know what I find out.

Thank you

Very much appreciated!

Hi, just wanted to give you a quick update. Our 2nd team has escalated this issue to our developers, who will handle the problem in an upcoming release. I will keep you posted here in the forums.

Hello, I'm going through some outstanding escalated tickets to see if I can do anything to move things along on our end. I was running some tests locally, and I'm no longer able to replicate this problem when updated versions of Slider Revolution and Layouts are active together on my local test site, with Bootstrap 3 loaded by Toolset. I suspect the problem was solved by a recent Slider Revolution update. Can you confirm? For reference, I am using Slider Revolution 6.5.4 and Layouts 2.6.10.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.