Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Layouts do not appear on the Layout page

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: I am unable to find my Layouts in the Layout admin area.

Solution: Import the Layouts again.

This support ticket is created 5 years, 9 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Christian Cox 5 years, 9 months ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author
Screen Shot 2018-07-20 at 2.32.14 PM.png

I am trying to: Show the layouts I have created

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: No link

I expected to see: The layouts I created.

Instead, I got: Nothing but one layout.

I followed the Toolset instructions for Building "My Account " page with a login form. I created form but it does not appear. I have looked everywhere. I re-did it according to the instructions and the NEW layout form did not appear. These are the instructions I am following:

https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/cred-training-course/part-7-building-the-my-account-page-with-a-login-form/#inserting-the-link-to-the-lost-password-page-into-the-login-form-layout

I got down to "Inserting the link to the Lost password page into the Login form layout" when I discovered the layout was missing.

I switched themes and deactivated all plugins and still the same result. See attached screenshot. According to the layouts window there are 9 Published Layouts, but only one appears.

I am also using Elementor page builder

I checked the Support Forum and there was a similar issue 3 years ago.

Not only 3 years ago, as well now with the new release.

The issue you found as 3 years old, is another.
That is solved usually by updating WordPress, Toolset and the Browsers.

However this new issue is the same "ghost" (we cannot really replicate this until now) and I have seen it solved by:
- ensuring the server does support Toolset:
https://toolset.com/toolset-requirements/
==> Specially mbstring and eval
- ensuring server does not block AJAX
- sometimes, there was a field's corruption, which when resolved, solved this issue to
- usually the very same site presenting the issue, if duplicated to another server one by one, did not present the issue (pointing to server issues)
- the very last case I know of, was due to Parent and Child Layouts being used (Child Layout Cell).

In this last case, we need to interact with the database, find the parent layout ID’s and then call them one by one in the WP Admin with this URL:
hidden link
(where you replace 1788 with the ID of the parent layout)

Then remove the Child Cell.
This should bring back the List of Layouts, and then you can proceed re-adding a Child Cell.

The issue is usually caused by an Infinite Loop in layouts assigned to each other recursively.

So - we have many options to start with.

On a live site this makes no sense, unless you want to eventually backup and restore it.
I suggest, if you can, to deploy a staging instance and try the (to you possible) steps above.

Where you need help, let me know and I'll help you directly.

Now, there is something very important as well to check:
The tabs, of the new Layouts screen order the Unassigned Layouts in the 4th tab from the left.
So when you load the Screen you show me, you will NOT see the Layout you created for the login form, because the one is not assigned to any content.

Similar, for other Layouts.
You need to be sure, that the published layouts you "miss", are not in the other tabs.
Only then, then steps above make sense, of course.

Thank you Beda. I checked all the system requirements for Toolset and I have everything needed. I also checked all the tabs several times to see if the layouts appeared there, but did not see them.

I did finally get the templates to display. Here is what I did: I used the export/import feature on Toolset. Right after I imported the file, I check all the tabs again and saw 8 layouts under the Unassigned Layouts tab.

A separate question -- I followed the instructions for setting up Create Account forms, Lost Password forms, Login form Layout, etc. At no time was content assigned to the Login Form Layout. Is it ok to have Unassigned Layouts?

At no time was content assigned to the Login Form Layout. Is it ok to have Unassigned Layouts?
Sure, a few unassigned Layouts will not cause problems for any other Layouts. The suggested method of implementing Edit Post Forms utilizes an unassigned Layout, for example.

It sounds like your Layouts are all appearing now, am I correct? If so, let me know how else we can assist.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.