Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Layout won't save class applied to row

This support ticket is created 7 years, 6 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Luo Yang 7 years, 5 months ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author

I am trying to: in layouts, in a layout, I select a row. in the popup box, in the class field, I write a class (say myclass), save, apply. But when I check the code with inspector online, there is no class.

PLUS I keep clicking Deactivate paragraphs, and it adds paragraphs to everything!

I expected to see: The plugin working, for once

Instead, I got: No class. Keeps adding paragraphs <p> tags everywhere in layouts (even thoug I check the box) I have the latest plugins.

Please guys it's been 4 months... I am a month late on this project because I have to keep finding workarounds for your plugin... Can you help with this one?

Dear Mylene,

Q1) won't save class applied to row
Yes, it is a know problem of old version Layouts plugin, which should have been fixed in the latest version of Layouts plugin 1.9.3, I see you are using 1.9.3, and I just tested it again in my localhost, it works fine.
So please check these in your website:
1) Createa a new layout, check if the problem exists or not.
if the problem is fixed, I suggest setup a new layout to replace the original problem layouts.

2) if the problem still exists, please deactivate other plugins and switch to Toolset Starter theme, and test again

Q2) it adds paragraphs to everything!
Could you describe more details for the question?
Where and how does Layouts plugin add the paragraphs?
It seems like a compatibility problem, have you tried to deactivate other plugins and switch to Toolset Starter theme?

probleme2.jpg

Your solutions don't work, it simply won't save any class.

I ABSOLUTELY need to fix this by today.
So please point me where in the database I can hard code it, and/or what I should search for in MySQL

The "Tag classes" settings are stored in the database table "wp_postmeta", the "meta_key" is "_dd_layouts_settings", but all settings are stored as serialized array, I don't think it is easy to hack it in your database.

As I suggest above, pleas check if the problem still exists when:
1) No other compatibility problem, no other plugins/theme
2) in a fresh new layout

If the problem still persists, please provide a database dump file of your website, I need to test and debug it in my localhost. thanks

This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.