Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Layout doesn't display (page empty)

This support ticket is created 5 years, 9 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Christian Cox 5 years, 9 months ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author
layouts.jpeg

I am trying to: display the page layout to create new layout

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:Toolset - Layout

I expected to see: the list of active layout

Instead, I got:nothing the page is empty I can only see at the top that I have 4 layout created and I can use the add button

Hi, please try these troubleshooting steps first:
- Clear your browser cache, log out of wp-admin, and log back in. Test the dashboard.
- Temporarily activate a default theme like Twenty Seventeen, then deactivate all plugins except Types, Views and Layouts.
- Test the Layout dashboard again. If the problem was resolved, reactivate your theme and other plugins one by one until the problem returns.
- If the problem was not resolved, please open the browser console and refresh the page in wp-admin. Let me know if any JavaScript errors are shown.
- If no JavaScript errors are shown, activate PHP server logs temporarily. If you're not familiar with them, I can show you how to activate them. Go in your wp-config.php file and look for define(‘WP_DEBUG’, false);. Change it to:

define('WP_DEBUG', true);

Then add these lines, just before it says 'stop editing here':

ini_set('log_errors',TRUE);
ini_set('error_reporting', E_ALL);
ini_set('error_log', dirname(__FILE__) . '/error_log.txt');

Now refresh the page in wp-admin. If any server-side errors are thrown, this will create an error_log.txt file in your site's root directory. Please send me its contents. Once that is done, you can revert the changes you made to wp-config.php.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.