Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Keyword search with ajax

This support ticket is created 4 years, 3 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 0.32 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Shane 4 years, 3 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

Hi there and happy new year!
Would I like to ask if it is possible to define a keyword search field that works with ajax or do I need to specify a search button?

this is my search page : hidden link

Thank you,

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Christos,

Thank you for getting in touch.

You actually don't need to have a search button for this. Once the user finishes typing their keyword the search should run. This however will only occur if you have the setting "AJAX results update when visitors change any filter values" enabled under the "Custom Search Settings "

Please let me know if I was able to clarify for you.
Thanks,
Shane

Hi Shane,

This is my settings hidden link but doesn't works with ajax please try it yourself here hidden link

Thank you

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Christos,

Currently it seems that it is required that you have the submit button for the text search. The user can also press the enter button even though there is no submit button on the form.

I've tested both methods on my end and they work fine.

Right now it seems that our search box doesn't support a live search and seems to be a feature to be requested. I would suggest going to the link below to submit a feature request for this live text search box.
https://toolset.com/home/contact-us/suggest-a-new-feature-for-toolset/

Thanks,
Shane

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.